Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open"

Discus and support Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open Check the Store for more info about Microsoft Flight... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RbLuke, Feb 15, 2022.

1. RbLuke
    RbLuke Guest

Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open"

Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator)

"This app Can't open

Check the Store for more info about Microsoft Flight Simulator."

Anyone had this problem?

The app has been reinstalled but no change.

Regards

Robert

:)

RbLuke, Feb 15, 2022
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi, RbLuke,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. You are having issues installing Flight Sim on PC? I am happy to help and see if we can fix the problem. I will provide a couple of suggestions that are recommended by the Flight Sim support team. I also encourage you to submit a ticket with them and see if they can help solve this issue if the suggestions, I provide do not fix the problem.

Solution 1: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files. Sometimes corrupted files can cause issues.

Solution 2: How to restore the sim to its vanilla state

Restoring the sim to its vanilla state is essential when troubleshooting various issues. Before contacting support, restore the sim to its vanilla state and test if the issue persists or not. Friendly reminder that you mod at your own risk.

Solution 3: All versions - Can I choose or change the installation path? (Install on the D: drive instead of the C: drive for instance)

When installing Microsoft Flight Simulator you will first install the launcher/app that contains the core content, then download the packages, including the additional content and marketplace purchases.

Solution 4: Download & Installation issues - Checklist

Please go through the following checklist if you cannot install or update Microsoft Flight Simulator or if you're prompted to install the update again. If the first part of this checklist does not work click on the other levels of install troubleshooting steps

Solution 5: Microsoft Flight Simulator Support

On this page, click submit a request, and you will be able to file a bug with the flight sim support team.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  3. GBINCO96 Win User

Can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected.

I am getting this same message after upgrading my CPU 13700k/motherboard/RAM, still on Windows 11. I can open other games, just not MS Flight Simulator.

"Microsoft Flight Simulator can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected."

I followed the steps above and it did not resolve my issue. XBOX app wants to install it, though it shows another game in there as already installed and playable (Far Cry 5). Can you please help?
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator crashing to desktop while loading into menu

Hello there, I can recommend you one more thing before reporting the problem to Microsoft Flight Simulator support.

This is performing an in-place upgrade on your PC, your files and apps aren't going to be deleted after this process:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

**Another possibility, and if you don't mind testing, is deleting all the third party programs besides Flight Simulator, once deleted, try running the game one more time.
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

msfs2020 dernière Maj

Hello Gegedu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I understand that you no longer have access to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. To further assist, can you please provide additional details to the following questions?

Are you receiving a specific error code while trying to launch the game or is it refusing to launch at all?
    Did you recently receive this error after a Windows update or an update with Flight Simulator?
    Are any other PC games refusing to launch or having errors other than Flight Simulator?

In the meantime, I’ll list a couple of articles below that may able to help you troubleshoot.

Game Stability Troubleshooting on Windows 10
    Flight Simulator Troubleshooting

Looking forward to your response!

-Tali

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  6. RoyBoyRoy Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 (Press any key to start)

Here's how I fixed it:

Open your start menu

Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator

Choose More>App Settings

Scroll down to the "Reset" section

Click both the "Repair" button, and also the "Reset" button.

Re-launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
Thema:

1. Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open" - Similar Threads - Game stopped launching

2. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  3. Game stop did me dirty

in XBoX on Windows
    Game stop did me dirty: Hello.. My name is Matthew I was at a GameStop location at the beginning of the month and purchased a new Xbox series x diablo eddition. First I was sold a used system and brought it back the next...
  4. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  5. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  6. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  7. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  8. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*...
  9. My games stopped launching on my tv. Any ideas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games stopped launching on my tv. Any ideas?: It was working perfectly. Now I can't launch any game when i go to "play" 8ef09786-c046-4625-877e-c3e45c6deda7
  10. gaming services stops Xbox app from launching

in XBoX on Consoles
    gaming services stops Xbox app from launching: the issue is as put in the title gaming services won't let the xbox app properly launch i know this cause i've run though all other troubleshoots to try and fix the issue reinstalling the app do a...