Game stopped installing

Discus and support Game stopped installing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had to update call of duty but the game keeps stopping the installation I've tried: - connecting an eternity cable - Uninstaller the whole game and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Steven Leon, May 13, 2023.

1. Steven Leon
    Steven Leon Guest

Game stopped installing

I had to update call of duty but the game keeps stopping the installation I've tried:

- connecting an eternity cable

- Uninstaller the whole game and reinstalling

- I reset my xbox but kept my games installed

- I Uninstaller other games incase it's because of space issues

- I've restarted my console 3 times now

- I've also tried installing another smaller game and that game did install but call of duty MW2 will not

Is my game file corrupted somehow? I bought the game through the Xbox store as a digital copy

:)

Steven Leon, May 13, 2023
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. XBF Diego M Win User

Game Installation Stopped

Hey Maxime,

Great! I'm glad the installation is going good now. I wouldn't worry to much at the moment until you experience any more power issues, like randomly turning off, or any problems with turning on. Just make sure to keep it plugged into where it is now and
    keep it away from any other power strips. Most of them double as surge protectors since they are designed to handle a lot of devices and would need some kind of protection handling all those volts but the Xbox has it's own fuse to protect it so plugging it
    into another one just causes an inadequate power supply to your console.

Feel free to come back to the forums any time you need assistance!
Thema:

Game stopped installing

1. Game stopped installing - Similar Threads - Game stopped installing

2. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  3. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  4. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  5. My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...: So I got a new Xbox series s for Christmas and 1 out of the 5 games I have tried to transfer from my Xbox one to my new one and now the other 4 won’t even start downloading...
  6. Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console: Just got a new console, and finished transferring my data to my series x, but now whenever i try to install something from the old console it just buffers for a bit and then says "installation...
  7. Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?: [mod removed - personal information] 2f3488e0-88b5-47a4-9fc8-d95fe203566f
  8. Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.: Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game. Everytime I try to download the game it stops before even installing at all and gives me the installation stopped...
  9. Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...: I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything else it just shows loading and that’s always...
  10. Game installation stops at 0 percent and won’t install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installation stops at 0 percent and won’t install: Whenever I try to install my game, it keeps saying “installation stopped” and won’t let me install the game. Any help would be appreciated, thank you 3d329530-453d-4ad8-a716-e7acab45ca95