Game sound significantly drops when joining parties

Discus and support Game sound significantly drops when joining parties in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I join an Xbox party the volume significantly drops. It's especially annoying in games where hearing enemies is really important. Before you say... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Harry Johnson1, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Game sound significantly drops when joining parties

When I join an Xbox party the volume significantly drops. It's especially annoying in games where hearing enemies is really important.

Before you say to change my Headset chat mixer and all that, I already have. I have sound settings in the games pumped to max and only have this problem when in Xbox parties. As soon as I leave it returns to normal

:)

Harry Johnson1, Mar 15, 2023
  2. Mrlazy 420 Win User

Resetting won't help. Every Xbox ambassador knows that you can not stop your Xbox from lowering game volume when entering a party chat.

There is no fix.

This is how Xbox was programmed. They have no intention on changing it. Only response you will see are generic and a waste of time.

Again, there is no fix. This is Xbox.

Go ahead and delete my comment to cover this up 👆
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi Harry, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

Game Audio significantly lowers when joining party.

Hi there,

please check the settings on the console here to change the balance between Chat and Game audio, to see if that helps in sorting the issue:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Display & sound.
    5. Select Volume.
    6. Select Chat mixer.
    7. Select one of the available options.
    For full details see this link:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/troubleshoot-sound

Let us know the results

Yeah done that, doesn't work
    To be sure we understand, none of the chat settings alter the audio in any way?

Does this happen with every game you own or just Fortnite and PUBG?

Post back with a photo of your current audio settings on the console!
  5. Northern6Monkey Win User

Hi there,

please check the settings on the console here to change the balance between Chat and Game audio, to see if that helps in sorting the issue:

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    5. Select Volume.
    6. Select Chat mixer.

Let us know the results
    Yeah done that, doesn't work
  6. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    5. Select Volume.
    6. Select Chat mixer.

Let us know the results
Thema:

1. Game sound significantly drops when joining parties - Similar Threads - Game sound significantly

2. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  3. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  4. How to fix game and sound lagging

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix game and sound lagging: I have reinstalled one of the games and no fix, still doesn’t play. 4a69728b-1923-4df4-bc68-ce4f05f39711
  5. Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??: My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it was the headset. But now that the second...
  6. i bought the red dragon h350 pandora gaming head set when i use the microphone it sounds so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought the red dragon h350 pandora gaming head set when i use the microphone it sounds so bad: this is a issue ive been trying to solve for 2 hours and I cant do anything when I use the mic in a loop back test it sounds so **** bad it hurts for everyone else that uses this headset It sounds...
  7. Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone else experience a weird "clicking" sound when playing Xbox 360 games while on...: Hey, i have been experiencing an odd clicking/crackling sound on my new Xbox Series X. games include Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2. The sound seems to stop if i switch to mono, but I'd like to...
  8. Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...: Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game has....what could be the prbl! Thanks for the answers! b4ae914d-ce64-42ab-9fb6-e9f1c9e0c8e8
  9. Whenever i play windows roblox the game freezes, but i can hear all the game sounds still,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever i play windows roblox the game freezes, but i can hear all the game sounds still,...: I have been playing windows roblox on my computer, i was doing fine until my roblox began to freeze, not a single error message in sight. i could still hear the game sounds and that, but the...
  10. Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones: Once I enter game menu in both Halo Infinite and Aliens: Fireteam Elite, the sound becomes flat and barely hearable. It's like I was using $1 headphones. Disabling hands free setting for BT...