Game Sharing works for games but can't play online.

Discus and support Game Sharing works for games but can't play online. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok so I started gamesharing with my roommate for xbox gamepass ultimate. He agreed and we set it up. Everything was good, I had all his gamepass games... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BoLeonard, Jan 23, 2023.

1. BoLeonard
    BoLeonard Guest

Ok so I started gamesharing with my roommate for xbox gamepass ultimate. He agreed and we set it up.

Everything was good, I had all his gamepass games but, when I went to play online, It prompted me to pay for ultimate or gold, I tried rebooting and remove accounts, everything, but nothing worked. Please fix this Xbox!

:)

BoLeonard, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Which account has a subscription for Game Pass Ultimate?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox home sharing not working correctly?

That is how it's meant to work. You can't share your subscriptions with her, but she does get access to your games, and if you subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate, she can play the games from the subscription and play online as well. She doesn't get access to anything else you get access to.
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Can't play shared games

Hey there!

If everything worked properly before, then it sounds like someone, somewhere along the road, somehow changed their

home console settings
    . Double check both accounts and consoles in question to be sure that things are set correctly. If you continue to experience issues, you may want to reach out to
    chat support to see if they can further assist.

Good luck!
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Family shares 2 xboxes (1 adult 2 kids)

That's not how it works. Everybody can access everything on the home Xbox console, and the person who's account is in charge can access everything on any Xbox One console as long as they are online at the time. You can share the games, and play the games
    at the same time. The link you provided even says as much. EA Access trials also can't be shared, neither can in-game currency and some multiplayer skins as well.
  6. ElectroFlying Win User

Can't play.

So was I Deadfall.

Share? So if something goes wrong with the net/servers. You can't share your games?

Someone's going to have to explain that one, and don't skimp on the details of how exactely it all works online and off.
Thema:

1. Game Sharing works for games but can't play online. - Similar Threads - Game Sharing works

2. What to do if game share does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if game share does not work: What to do if game share does not work for the person that cannot play games from another person’s account? 2bd93914-bd1a-4837-a965-6c5fd61eedf1
  3. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  4. Why isn’t game game share working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn’t game game share working: I recently bought dead by daylight and I wanted to play with my friend so I started game sharing with him. However when he tries to open the game it stops him and says he needs game pass even...
  5. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  6. Game share XBox not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share XBox not working: I have been game sharing with my boyfriend for awhile and last month his gamepass renewed but only for pc unlike his normal gamepass ultimate. He sorted it out and bought it on console but I am...
  7. Game sharing Xbox x to Xbox s is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sharing Xbox x to Xbox s is not working.: I bought new Xbox x and set it as My Home Xbox. I got new game on the Xbox x, installed to Xbox x. I have second console Xbox s. My fiancé can’t play the new game on xbox s. He plays racing...
  8. Family game share not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family game share not working: So I have 3 Xbox in my house (My Xbox One, a son's Xbox one, and a another son's Xbox Series S). We have had my Xbox set as the Home Xbox for years and they were able to play my games and use...
  9. Why isn’t my game share working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn’t my game share working?: I’m game sharing with one of my friends I have access to their games but I don’t have game pass but they do? I thought it was shared and now I’m confused 0475b486-7932-4452-a9fd-7641013a9ac3
  10. Will game sharing work for mw3 once the full game releases?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will game sharing work for mw3 once the full game releases?: I game shared with my friend with mw3 and wondering will i be able to play it when the game fully launches? e857e7ac-5f20-47e5-a595-27044e5a447b