Game sharing with son. Can download any age rated games

Discus and support Game sharing with son. Can download any age rated games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have just purchased my son a series S and am looking to share my games with him. I have set up his account so he can only view content or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ashmalkin79, Dec 26, 2020.

1. ashmalkin79
    ashmalkin79 Guest

Hello,

I have just purchased my son a series S and am looking to share my games with him. I have set up his account so he can only view content or play games up to age 12 so for example he cant view the COD trailer in the store. He can however download the game
    from the full list of games that i own. Am i missing something really simple here that would allow him to only download the age appropriate games from my list.

hope that makes sense, its late!

thanks

:)

ashmalkin79, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Lee Moc Win User

Why can’t kids play EA games on PC Game Pass?

Hi Darhyl

Thanks for taking time out to respond here. Appreciate it.

My adult account is already in place as you suggested and my son is in my family and maturity level is set to a higher level as a test.

What that enables is games to appear in my sons game pass account with a higher age rating….BUT it does not mean I can / he can download them to his library. Basically same as before even on a game rated 3+ EA play does not allow games to be played on the game pass subscription as advertised.

Can you suggest an alternative resolution please?

Keen to fix. Currently my son would like to play a number of suitable age rated games in the Game pass catalogue that are available from

EA and the subscription does not let you access the game.

Thanks
  3. Paraffin Alien Win User

Minimum Age for Grand Theft Auto (GTA)

The age ratings on the box are there for a reason. GTA is rated 18 here in the UK. Any store selling the game to persons under 18 would be open to prosecution.

And as a father I take the responsible approach and only let my son play games that have an appropriate age rating for him.

-

Also agree 100% with the post above by `dejas view`
  4. HassanB Win User

Battlefield 4 Beta download

Hello,

Sorry, your son won't be able to download the Battlefield 4 Beta as it's considered a game demo. These demos are based off of a different rating structure and NR and M rated demo's cannot be downloaded on a Child account (an account under the age of 18). If
    you wish for your son to be able to download M / NR rated demo's you'll need to make him a new account with a date of birth of 18+. There's unfortunately no way around that, sorry.
  5. MeIsASpud Win User

ARK Survival Evolved

I've checked and it appears that I can play any game of any rating. I was also wondering if changing my xbox profile age to the age rating of the game may be a possible fix
  6. Daft Badger Win User

I’ve been banned

Age ratings on games do not apply to the online side of them.Something every game with any type of online play tells you.

The age rating only means someone under that age can not buy the game.

Everything you do on xbox live must be rated E for everyone not matter what game you are playing.
Thema:

1. Game sharing with son. Can download any age rated games - Similar Threads - Game sharing son

2. I game share modern warfare 3 with son , and then bought him the vault edition upgrade and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I game share modern warfare 3 with son , and then bought him the vault edition upgrade and...: I bought modern Warfare 3 and game share with my son so he has it to. Then he wanted the upgraded vault edition for 30 bucks so I bought it for him on his own account and Xbox and everything is...
  3. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...
  4. Hi, i seem to be having problems game sharing with my son.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, i seem to be having problems game sharing with my son.: Hi, i seem to be having problems game sharing with my son. I have previously been able to do it but now it has stopped? can you please confirm the settings we need. I have my xbox and my account...
  5. My son bought fifa23 we have 2 Xbox consoles in the house can I share the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son bought fifa23 we have 2 Xbox consoles in the house can I share the game: Son bought fifa23 on his Xbox was wondering if I could use same game on my Xbox in same house 62b3abea-d8e1-4030-b72f-7df6d28d1353
  6. I game share with my son but it says I need a subscription to play starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I game share with my son but it says I need a subscription to play starfield: I dunno what's going on it won't let me cloud game starfield on my xbox one but will let me with any other ultimate game 1e63e192-66b8-482c-9882-bdde1fbaecdf
  7. I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?: I just recently got myself a Xbox series x and wanted to give my Xbox one x to my son can we both use game pass ultimate and how can I do this? 6c5b3969-9806-4603-b0c6-762d0336eb1c
  8. Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I game share battlefield V with my son's profile?: My profile has gamepass ultimate and my home Xbox is the Xbox my son plays on. When we download Battlefield 5, my profile can play it, but it won't let my son play it on his profile. It says its a...
  9. Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need...: Can my son and I share Gamepass and Ultimate Gold. I understand Game sharing but do we need two Ultimate Golds to play with each other? 73b31169-970b-44a1-8bcf-19f52939a9aa
  10. Xbox game pass- can my son and i share game pass at the same time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass- can my son and i share game pass at the same time?: Bought son an xbox 1 for xmas and set his xbox as my home (whilst he has his own account) to try to share my game pass to play same game / same time ... Is this not possible? What am i doing...