Game sharing not working

Discus and support Game sharing not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been game sharing with my gf for about 6 months now. I usually purchase all the games. I’ve gone though all the steps to game share with her. I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kalen mutka, Jan 26, 2023.

1. kalen mutka
    kalen mutka Guest

Game sharing not working

I’ve been game sharing with my gf for about 6 months now. I usually purchase all the games. I’ve gone though all the steps to game share with her. I’ve signed into my account on her Xbox and made it my home Xbox and signed in as her for my Xbox and done the same. She gets all my games but I don’t get any of hers. I used to game share with a friend and still see my library as games we used to game share. I’ve run out of problem solving methods and need help to figure this out.

:)

kalen mutka, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Game share not working

You may want to go to http://commerce.microsoft.com to make sure you purchased game pass on your account and not his. Game pass itself does not share. The games that are downloaded through the service do.
  3. abdieloquendo Win User

Game sharing not working

I have on screen the error dev 6037. I have tried to solve it about 20 times. I have tried everything according to all the information I have searched and I have not been lucky to play. Will they have any solution? In Moder Warfare
  4. OgreRha Win User

Game sharing not working

Hey CalebPeeples,

You would need your friend to sign into your Xbox to start the download of the game onto your xbox - I doubt resetting or redownloading your profile will work,

So once your friend has signed in download the game,

Then he can sign out and resign into their Xbox and you should be running and gunning in no time soon !

Let me know if this worked

(*also to save time tell him to bring his Xbox to your network so you can network transfer the game rather than download all the updates from scratch) Hope this bonus info is helpful too

Your Pal
  5. F5 Penguin Win User

Game sharing is not working

The others have pointed out to make sure the friend still has Live and the proper home console is set up. But I'll also leave a friendly reminder that the Home Xbox, and Game Sharing features are to be used for people who live in your household and is
    not permitted to be used outside of that.
  6. XBF George L Win User

Game sharing not working

Hello ISprtnl!

You are probably having issues with the Home Console sharing itself please review the steps here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Depending on which account owns the content that account would need to be made home console on the console that belongs to the player who does not own the game so the sharing will work.

If you do have issues setting it up properly so you can both share the game please contact us at

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Thank you for reaching out see you online!
Thema:

Game sharing not working

1. Game sharing not working - Similar Threads - Game sharing working

2. What to do if game share does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if game share does not work: What to do if game share does not work for the person that cannot play games from another person’s account? 2bd93914-bd1a-4837-a965-6c5fd61eedf1
  3. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  4. Why isn’t game game share working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn’t game game share working: I recently bought dead by daylight and I wanted to play with my friend so I started game sharing with him. However when he tries to open the game it stops him and says he needs game pass even...
  5. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  6. Game share XBox not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share XBox not working: I have been game sharing with my boyfriend for awhile and last month his gamepass renewed but only for pc unlike his normal gamepass ultimate. He sorted it out and bought it on console but I am...
  7. Game sharing Xbox x to Xbox s is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sharing Xbox x to Xbox s is not working.: I bought new Xbox x and set it as My Home Xbox. I got new game on the Xbox x, installed to Xbox x. I have second console Xbox s. My fiancé can’t play the new game on xbox s. He plays racing...
  8. Family game share not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family game share not working: So I have 3 Xbox in my house (My Xbox One, a son's Xbox one, and a another son's Xbox Series S). We have had my Xbox set as the Home Xbox for years and they were able to play my games and use...
  9. Why isn’t my game share working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn’t my game share working?: I’m game sharing with one of my friends I have access to their games but I don’t have game pass but they do? I thought it was shared and now I’m confused 0475b486-7932-4452-a9fd-7641013a9ac3
  10. Will game sharing work for mw3 once the full game releases?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will game sharing work for mw3 once the full game releases?: I game shared with my friend with mw3 and wondering will i be able to play it when the game fully launches? e857e7ac-5f20-47e5-a595-27044e5a447b