Game Sharing Not Working After Upgrading to Series X

Discus and support Game Sharing Not Working After Upgrading to Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last few years, I have been successfully game sharing with my friend. I have an Xbox One X and he had an Xbox One S and game sharing has been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XBX PureChaosX, May 12, 2022.

1. Game Sharing Not Working After Upgrading to Series X

For the last few years, I have been successfully game sharing with my friend. I have an Xbox One X and he had an Xbox One S and game sharing has been working flawlessly.

However, I've recently upgraded to a Series X, and needed to turn on Game Share. So I did what I did with my One X. Added his profile to my XSX, logged in and made my XSX his Home Xbox. Restarted the Xbox for good measure.

However, this has failed to work as intended, and Game Sharing is still not working on my XSX. I used to play his digital version of Forza Horizon 5 (Premium Edition). So I signed in, downloaded it and ran it. It seemed to work fine.

I tried to play it this morning, without signing in, but instead it started the Game Pass version of the game, and all Premium DLC was locked out. I can only play FH5 when signed in to his profile, which is NOT what's supposed to happen.

He hasn't changed anything on his Xbox One S and my profile is still set as my Home Xbox on HIS Xbox One. And my XSX has the same Game Share setting as my One X did. I have also factory reset the One X, so his profile is now on my XSX only (and his One S). So all our Game Share settings are all unchanged and back to how they were before.

Does anyone know how to get Game Share working again? Is it a cross-gen issue, does he need an XSX as well?

Thanks!

Just to recap: MY Xbox is set to HIS Home Xbox. HIS Xbox is set to MY Home Xbox. Is this the correct way to allow Game Sharing between the two profiles?

:)

XBX PureChaosX, May 12, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

PS: Do the remove/add account for both accounts on your console.
  3. XBX PureChaosX Win User

My Xbox is set to my friends Home Xbox, which allows me to play his digital games. His Xbox is set to my Home Xbox, which I assume allows him to play MY digital games. This is how I understand Game Sharing works.

We've had this setup for many years and haven't encountered any issues... or any banning notices from Microsoft. We kept each others profiles on our Xboxes so that we can use our own profiles when we visit each other. When he visits here, he can use his profile on my Xbox for co-op games and vice-versa.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Just to recap: MY Xbox is HIS Home Xbox. So I assume that means HIS Xbox needs to be MY Home Xbox? Is that correct? And what would happen if my Xbox was BOTH our Home Xbox?
    His console does not have to be your Home. If you Xbox was both of your Homes, you would have access to his games/Gold, but would not have access to yours.

Also, please keep in mind sharing account information violates the code of conduct. You should only be sharing if you/your friend are able to sign in yourself to set the Home setting and then remove your account. Otherwise, you're putting yourselves at risk for being banned.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, XBX. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Some users are reporting errors with Game Sharing these days. I'll propose you some steps here, but most users that I attended having this Game Share issue only solved it by contacting Xbox Support Team to "refresh" their Xbox Live account.

First:

Press the Xbox Button > My Games and Apps > See All > Manage Queue > Queue > Click on Cancel All > Clear The Queue

Press the Xbox Button > System > Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games (Note: Just do this if your saves are saved in the cloud, else they'll be lost)

Press the Xbox Button > Settings > System Settings > Storage.

Highlight but don't select a storage device, and then press Y on your controller for Device Options.

On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.

When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Remove Account:

1. Press the Xbox button. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then Remove. ​​​

4. Close. ​​​

​​​

Power Reset:

1. If you have an external HD, please unplug it and let it unplugged for testing purposes.

​​​2. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

3. Unplug all the cables (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 5 minutes.

4. After 5 minutes, plug all the cables in again (except for the external HD) and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console.

​​​

Add Account:

​​​1. Press the Xbox button. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email Address and the Password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console again.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console:

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note: the "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not make you lose your games, but you will need to sign in to the account again.

If nothing work for you, you'll need to contact a Xbox Support Advocate:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

or

https://support.microsoft.com/contact/virtual-a...
  6. Smwutches Win User

Game sharing after upgrading to series x?

You would need to set the console he is using as your Home in order to share your content with him. As long as you're signed into your Series X, you won't notice any difference. The only affect it can have is that you won't be able to access your games offline if needed.
Thema:

1. Game Sharing Not Working After Upgrading to Series X - Similar Threads - Game Sharing Working

2. What to do if game share does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if game share does not work: What to do if game share does not work for the person that cannot play games from another person’s account? 2bd93914-bd1a-4837-a965-6c5fd61eedf1
  3. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  4. Why isn’t game game share working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn’t game game share working: I recently bought dead by daylight and I wanted to play with my friend so I started game sharing with him. However when he tries to open the game it stops him and says he needs game pass even...
  5. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  6. Game share XBox not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share XBox not working: I have been game sharing with my boyfriend for awhile and last month his gamepass renewed but only for pc unlike his normal gamepass ultimate. He sorted it out and bought it on console but I am...
  7. Game sharing Xbox x to Xbox s is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sharing Xbox x to Xbox s is not working.: I bought new Xbox x and set it as My Home Xbox. I got new game on the Xbox x, installed to Xbox x. I have second console Xbox s. My fiancé can’t play the new game on xbox s. He plays racing...
  8. Family game share not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family game share not working: So I have 3 Xbox in my house (My Xbox One, a son's Xbox one, and a another son's Xbox Series S). We have had my Xbox set as the Home Xbox for years and they were able to play my games and use...
  9. Why isn’t my game share working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn’t my game share working?: I’m game sharing with one of my friends I have access to their games but I don’t have game pass but they do? I thought it was shared and now I’m confused 0475b486-7932-4452-a9fd-7641013a9ac3
  10. Will game sharing work for mw3 once the full game releases?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will game sharing work for mw3 once the full game releases?: I game shared with my friend with mw3 and wondering will i be able to play it when the game fully launches? e857e7ac-5f20-47e5-a595-27044e5a447b