Game Share issues

Discus and support Game Share issues in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For a few years, my friend and I have been doing game share over our Xbox Ones, Included with that was Game Pass and Xbox Live. Recently though Game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by InsaneGMan, Sep 20, 2022.

1. InsaneGMan
    InsaneGMan Guest

Game Share issues

For a few years, my friend and I have been doing game share over our Xbox Ones, Included with that was Game Pass and Xbox Live. Recently though Game Pass and Live stopped transferring over, he still has Game Pass and Live but I do not. Anyone know a fix, have game sharing policies changed?

:)

InsaneGMan, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Game Share Issues

You can only access games he actually purchases on his account. You can't access games he's sharing from other people.
  3. AmuricanPatriot Win User

Game sharing issue

home Xbox set as there's because I'm not sure who could have it Is there a way u can reset the people who have it set as there's?

As far as I know doing a full factory reset (so without keeping games and apps installed) will also remove any home Xbox associations, like mentioned on this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

As seen in this snippet from that link:

Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to

factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games,

settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be

deleted. You should use this option when selling or gifting the console

to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in

some troubleshooting cases.

Side note to prevent any miscommunication: Keep in mind that sharing account credentials and Transferring licenses to your console from an account that you didn’t create is a violation of the Code of Conduct like mentioned here: https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-us/home/staysafe#topic6
    Sharing account credentials isn't required to set up or use the Home console feature. You also can't transfer licenses on the Xbox One.
  4. WPAK Win User

Game sharing issue

home Xbox set as there's because I'm not sure who could have it Is there a way u can reset the people who have it set as there's?
    As far as I know doing a full factory reset (so without keeping games and apps installed) will also remove any home Xbox associations, like mentioned on this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

As seen in this snippet from that link:

Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to

factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games,

settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be

deleted. You should use this option when selling or gifting the console

to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in

some troubleshooting cases.

Side note to prevent any miscommunication: Keep in mind that sharing account credentials and Transferring licenses to your console from an account that you didn’t create is a violation of the Code of Conduct like mentioned here: https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-us/home/staysafe#topic6
  5. AmuricanPatriot Win User

Game sharing issue

if that was the case it would say I reached the maximum amount of gameshares per year I just reset them so I know it's not the problem

Hey there, Zephyrr!

I'm sorry to see any issues with Home console! Seeing this, I checked with the team that looks into these issues since we had a known issue with this last week. It appears that the console you're attempting to make your Home console has hit the limit of
    users able to set the console as their Home. You will need to have a few accounts remove that console as their Home so that you can set it.

If you continue to have issues after doing that, please let me know! We'll be able to dig into it further from there. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
    I didn't realize there was a limit to the amount of Home console designations on a specific console. How many accounts can set the same Xbox console as Home? 100?
  6. OK Fowl Win User

Game sharing issue

You can change which console is your home Xbox up to three times during a one-year period. This period works on a rolling
    basis, starting the moment you change your home Xbox for the first time. For example, if you make your console your home Xbox for the first time on January 1st, and then change it two more times, on February 1st and March 1st, you will not be able to change
    it again until January 1st of the following year. The next time you'll be able to change it after that will be on the following February 1st, and then again on March 1st. Please make a note of the dates when you change your console to your home Xbox so that
    you'll know when you can change its designation again.

When you change home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new home Xbox. These device
    licenses will no longer be available on your old "home" Xbox.
Thema:

Game Share issues

1. Game Share issues - Similar Threads - Game Share issues

2. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  3. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  4. Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once: This is pretty basic as the question suggests. I want to share everything my xbox holds with both my brother and uncle. Is there a way to do this, even if it costs money? Do date, I am only...
  5. What to do if game share does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if game share does not work: What to do if game share does not work for the person that cannot play games from another person’s account? 2bd93914-bd1a-4837-a965-6c5fd61eedf1
  6. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  7. If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...: Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in to mine? 6e652558-90d1-4520-a9c5-c405e2c408f1
  8. Game share issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game share issues: Me and my friend have been game sharing for years. Recently he switched to an xbox series console. I am still on an xbox one. I have set my xbox as his home xbox so I may continue to game share...
  9. Battlefield 5 - Game sharing issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 5 - Game sharing issue: My partner and I have started gamesharing. She has game pass ultimate and is on my new Xbox as an account but when I go into Battlefield 5 it is saying I’m in the trial and can’t have access to...
  10. Im been share my games with a friend for more than 10 years with out any issue. Now, he...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im been share my games with a friend for more than 10 years with out any issue. Now, he...: Here is a pic [img] 2aeb55f3-a013-49e9-bbe0-f36fc471efe3