Game-share isn't working

Discus and support Game-share isn't working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My friend bought 2k23 x|s about a month ago he can play 2k23 x|s and install it,the issue is i dont have the game in my ready to install and when i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shad da goat, May 15, 2023.

1. Shad da goat
    Shad da goat Guest

Game-share isn't working

My friend bought 2k23 x|s about a month ago he can play 2k23 x|s and install it,the issue is i dont have the game in my ready to install and when i check the microsoft store it says i have to buy it. i definently have his game share as i checked about 5 mins ago and it says my xbox is his home xbox and yet even with his gameshare i have no 2k23 x|s. The game share should be working as he bought the game on his account and that same account is the one im game sharing with. Please help me find out how to fix this im just trying to play with my friends.

:)

Shad da goat, May 15, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Game-share isn't working

Hello Shad, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you
    Not a Microsoft employee.

Keep in mind that game sharing outside the same house is considered as breaking Microsoft terms and conditions

In case you want to know how game sharing works feel free to visit the next article
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Dakashi Win User

Game sharing isn't working properly

I checked and we are game sharing fine. I also have tried doing a hard reset and removing his account and re adding you. I don't know what else to do.
  4. XBF Meryem R Win User

Game sharing isn't working properly

Hello @Dakashi, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe you have but a little issue with changing profiles on your console. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The first step you will need to follow is to ensure that your home console is set up correctly, so please follow the link bellow:

Designate a home Xbox | Xbox Support

After you make sure that the account you have the game o is set up correctly please sign out or switch profile, then sign in with the account that does not own the game.

The second step is to make sure that you are signed in with two different profiles.

Please make sure that the profile that does not own the game is the one signed in on the console you made the home xbox. As for the account that owns the game can be signed in on the other console.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. Georges C. Win User

Console share isn't working

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello HandsomeJack300, try following the procedures in the link below and the Support video to see if you have your accounts set up correctly as primary on each console.

How home Xbox and game sharing work

https://support.xbox.com/en-HK/help/hardware-ne...

Designating Your Home Xbox For Sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTN8w519PQ&t=4s
  6. wi7bit Win User

Xbox game share isn't working completely

Hi RobJerry

We just need a little more information before we can advise you.

When you say the console came with a game pre-installed, was this a second-hand console? I ask this because new console that are bundled with games usually get a physical copy or a code card in the box. You would then need to redeem this code on your account before they can be downloaded. I've not heard of new consoles coming with games pre-installed.

Let us know and we will see if we can help.
Thema:

Game-share isn't working

1. Game-share isn't working - Similar Threads - Game share isn't

2. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  3. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  4. Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once: This is pretty basic as the question suggests. I want to share everything my xbox holds with both my brother and uncle. Is there a way to do this, even if it costs money? Do date, I am only...
  5. What to do if game share does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if game share does not work: What to do if game share does not work for the person that cannot play games from another person’s account? 2bd93914-bd1a-4837-a965-6c5fd61eedf1
  6. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  7. If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...: Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in to mine? 6e652558-90d1-4520-a9c5-c405e2c408f1
  8. Xbox game share isn't working completely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game share isn't working completely: One of my xboxs came with a game automatically installed in the system but on a family members console we cant download the game. Anyone know if im able gameshare games that come with console or...
  9. Game share isn't working for Modern Warfare

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share isn't working for Modern Warfare: I am currently game sharing with a friend and he has the full Modern Warfare set. I have Cold War and only Warzone. It won't let me play Multiplayer because it tells me I don't have the...
  10. I'm a Xbox preview user and game share isn't working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm a Xbox preview user and game share isn't working: I recently installed over watch and subnautica expecting it to automatically download on my little brothers' so Xbox . Keep in mind I'm game sharing with him. He ended up not getting the games, I...