Game share broke friends xbox

Discus and support Game share broke friends xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I was game sharing with a friend, and during which, I had bought game pass, when I removed my home xbox, they were no longer to play any of their... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CodyOsborn, Aug 27, 2019.

1. CodyOsborn
    CodyOsborn Guest

So, I was game sharing with a friend, and during which, I had bought game pass, when I removed my home xbox, they were no longer to play any of their games, the ones they had bought included, they have tried restarted their xbox, hard reset, and even uninstalled
    my account. It is saying to update their payment method on the games that they had previously bought.

:)

CodyOsborn, Aug 27, 2019
  2. CodyOsborn Win User

My friend and I had lived together for a few years to get them back up on their feet, until they finally were able to move out, so, they had been using my games and I practically consider them family, it was not up
    until recently that the TOS were violated, so thank you for wasting my time
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

It should also be noted that using game share in this way isn't allowed.

The game share feature is intended for family members within the same household, and sharing login details is against the terms and conditions of Xbox live.
  4. AridLizard Win User

check that they bought the games on their account and not on your account by accident.

you should both check https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ to see which account the games were purchased on.

out of curiosity, is it game pass or ultimate game pass that you have?

there have been a few issues with ultimate and game sharing
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi CodyOsborn

Please note that The Microsoft Services Agreement specifically prohibits users from exchanging account details with each other. You are leaving both yourself and your friends
    open to the risk of enforcement action. The game share feature is intended for family members within the same household.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Have them try this.

1. Remove their account from the xbox and readd it to the console.

If that does not fix the problem have them.

2. uninstall the game and reinstall the game
Thema:

1. Game share broke friends xbox - Similar Threads - Game share broke

2. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  3. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  4. Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once: This is pretty basic as the question suggests. I want to share everything my xbox holds with both my brother and uncle. Is there a way to do this, even if it costs money? Do date, I am only...
  5. What to do if game share does not work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if game share does not work: What to do if game share does not work for the person that cannot play games from another person’s account? 2bd93914-bd1a-4837-a965-6c5fd61eedf1
  6. home xbox game share not working

in XBoX on Windows
    home xbox game share not working: MY friend and I both have our xbox accounts gameshared with each other but despite my account working his xbox, his account was signed out of my xbox and I had to re enter his password, and now...
  7. If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...: Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in to mine? 6e652558-90d1-4520-a9c5-c405e2c408f1
  8. How many people game share one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many people game share one account: How many people can game share one account e3cb1c94-8e19-4637-bc38-246a15037f21
  9. Would reseting my Xbox Series S remove game sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would reseting my Xbox Series S remove game sharing?: As the title states I am going to reset my Xbox Series S in an attempt to reset it's cache, I am having troubles with installing Red Dead Redemption 2 on my external and that was one of the...
  10. Can I have a new game share in my Xbox account please?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I have a new game share in my Xbox account please?: I need another game share for my friend because he lost it when E updated his Xbox 6463aeb8-cf25-4447-8ecf-e76d181cb912