Game share and account closure

Discus and support Game share and account closure in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My microsoft account was hacked and I need to close it and start a new one. Is it possible for me to game share all of the games I bought on my old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JakeForey, Apr 12, 2020.

1. JakeForey
    JakeForey Guest

My microsoft account was hacked and I need to close it and start a new one. Is it possible for me to game share all of the games I bought on my old profile with a new account, and then close my old account while still being able to play those games.

:)

JakeForey, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

if it was hacked then get in touch with microsoft to secure the account, one you have it back change your password and your account will be fine, there is no reason to start new on another account.
  3. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Account Closure

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

As stated above, a profile can not be deleted, and there is really no legitimate reason to delete/close an account. You do have the option to close an account by following the steps below though.

Go to http://account.live.com/ and sign in to the account you wish to close.

Click on "Security and Privacy"

Click on "More Security Settings" under
    Account Security

NOTE: You may need to verify you are the account holder when you click on "More Security Settings" do to the security features on accounts.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Close my account"

IMPORTANT INFORMATION WHEN CLOSING AN ACCOUNT

Ensure that you cancel your subscription if you have one active.

Ensure that all currency on the account has been spent.

All gamerscore/achievements, and anything left on the account is forfeit.

You have 60 days to change your mind once an account is marked for closure.

This does NOT delete your Xbox Profile. It will just make it so it can not be logged into.

If you change your mind after the 60 day perimeter time limit is up, to re-open the account, you will have to contact Xbox Support and your issue will have to be escalated to Tier 3 support, and there is NO promises
    that Tier 3 will even be able to recover the account.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

Cheers!
  4. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Account Closure

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

Absolutely! We love to make things as effortless as possible and give you plenty of options to go with!

Here is a link to an article that will walk you step by step on how to move a Gamertag to another Microsoft Account.

Move Your Gamertag To Another Microsoft Account

If you receive any error messages following that article, be sure to go back and make sure those conditions apply to the Target and current account listed in the article. There are also SEVERAL articles listed at the bottom of that page if you run in to any
    issues, or you can post back here if you run into problems.

Cheers!
  5. SMHH42 Win User

Account Closure

Alright, so, my main issue is that I'd like to move THIS gamertag to another Microsoft account, (the one I use for my laptop, tablet, etc.) which has a different gamertag associated with it; so, i figured my easiest solution would be to delete that gamertag.
    Guess that one wont work! Do I have any other options? Haha

Thanks!
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Account Closure

SMHH42,

Gamertags cannot be deleted. The gamertag can be changed to something else so that another gamertag is tied to the account, which would then free up the previous gamertag to move to a different Microsoft account. Can you provide the support link which states
    otherwise for clarification? Thanks in advance,
Thema:

1. Game share and account closure - Similar Threads - Game share account

2. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  3. How many people game share one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many people game share one account: How many people can game share one account e3cb1c94-8e19-4637-bc38-246a15037f21
  4. Can I have a new game share in my Xbox account please?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I have a new game share in my Xbox account please?: I need another game share for my friend because he lost it when E updated his Xbox 6463aeb8-cf25-4447-8ecf-e76d181cb912
  5. Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?: Hey so I currently have 3 Xbox’s one for myself and my two sons. Is there a way that I can share my games I’ve already bought to both of their Xbox’s? For example, if we all wanted to play...
  6. why can’t I game share the new mw3 on different accounts on the same Xbox?????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t I game share the new mw3 on different accounts on the same Xbox?????: bro idk why but just because we pre-ordered mw3 on a different account on the same Xbox, I can’t play mw3 on a different account on the same Xbox. it’s crazy how activision was greedy enough to do...
  7. Can two people Game share eachothers account at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can two people Game share eachothers account at the same time?: So i need a little help with tha whole xbox game sharing so my friend has gamepass so i have his account as my home xbox but when he makes my account his home xbox then i cant play his games why...
  8. Linking Wife's account to mine and sharing Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking Wife's account to mine and sharing Game Pass: I want link our accounts together in a way so all of our games are shared and we share a single-price Game Pass subscription. I don't need any account monitoring or any other parental control or...
  9. I have game pass family and friends on pc and i wish to know how to share the account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have game pass family and friends on pc and i wish to know how to share the account: I have game pass family and friends on pc and i wish to know how to share the account 7567db3a-c473-41da-8cd1-f0c4c18ae016
  10. How can I recover game data after sharing my account with a friend ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I recover game data after sharing my account with a friend ?: I was playing Forza horizon 5 and shared my account with a friend so he could try out some cars, when i got back on the game later, it entirely reset all my data and I can’t find anything to get...