Game said it requires Xbox Live, but I didn't know that and don't want to pay the extra.

Discus and support Game said it requires Xbox Live, but I didn't know that and don't want to pay the extra. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I bought Forza Horizon 4 for a discounted price due to Black Friday on the Microsoft store. After spending about 9-10 hours downloading the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Easton924, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Easton924
    Easton924 Guest

Game said it requires Xbox Live, but I didn't know that and don't want to pay the extra.

Recently I bought Forza Horizon 4 for a discounted price due to Black Friday on the Microsoft store. After spending about 9-10 hours downloading the game as it is very large, I was told it could not connect to Xbox Live. When buying this game, I did not know that buying it through Microsoft would cause me to need Xbox Live. I kept clicking retry even though I know for a fact I do not have Xbox Live on my account. Miraculously, it put me through and I played the intro for the game. I do not know if since I do not have Xbox Live I will not be able to play multiplayer. It says right now that I cannot go online because I have to qualify for Autumn, which is understandable, but I am worried that after that it will still not let me. Would this be too late, as I would have a good amount of playtime, to get a refund? This would be a better question for Microsoft themselves but I could not figure out how to contact them so here I am in the forums. Should I play to qualify for Autumn and hope it works, or does somebody else have a good solution? If I am going to have to pay $9.99 extra for every month just for this game, I want a refund for the money I paid. Should I ask for a refund now or wait and hope it works since somehow I got in the game?

:)

Easton924, Nov 27, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Forza still uses Xbox Live for its multiplayer services. As they said you do not need to pay for this on PC, but the game will still connect to those servers
  3. Smwutches Win User

Yes. Gold is not required to play online on PC.
  4. Easton924 Win User

I did this on my PC, so even though it tried to connect to Xbox Live, since I am not on an Xbox console, I will be able to play online? I really want to be able to play online not just offline.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Gold is only needed if you're trying to play multiplayer on an Xbox console. Otherwise, you can still play the game offline so it's not required to play the game since it's not an online only game.
  6. SENSEN LIN Win User

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare not allowing me to play campaign or multiplayer

Hi,

I didn't have a live subscription. I have checked other posts and believe live access may solve this problem. But I just don't want to pay extra; mainly, I will not play games online. I will transfer to my pc lol for MW LOL
Thema:

1. Game said it requires Xbox Live, but I didn't know that and don't want to pay the extra. - Similar Threads - Game said requires

2. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  3. Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did they every set up digital selling your games like Phil said?: AT this point our library isn't going to mean much going forward would love a way to sell off my games. He said it at on of the old E3 I think. 6445dbf6-2211-4ec7-8585-32e8edf2ebc1
  4. I bought the new Lenovo legon go and they said they give me free Xbox game pass I claim,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the new Lenovo legon go and they said they give me free Xbox game pass I claim,...: I access the Xbox app and press claim and I have a credit as a guarantee. However, the game pass is not activated I checked in the subscription in the account it's not there the the free game pass...
  5. Gifted game from store. Clicked on redeem. It said redeemed. Then I check and game said not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifted game from store. Clicked on redeem. It said redeemed. Then I check and game said not...: Gifted game from store. Clicked on redeem. It said redeemed. Then I check and game said not applicable. What do I do to get the right game for my version xbox 1.?...
  6. Hi xbox comunity, I want to refund a game and they declined my request because they said...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi xbox comunity, I want to refund a game and they declined my request because they said...: They won t let me refund my game because I entered the game ONCE ( I had to enter so I can see what s all about, if it s working, etc, duhhhhh) As i said, the game is performing very bad and I...
  7. I was on Xbox gaming and it said “Unable to start gaming session” and for my brother it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was on Xbox gaming and it said “Unable to start gaming session” and for my brother it...: It is not working and for my brother it was working fine 56a61565-1090-4c48-abd8-9bd44bbd86ad
  8. I only had one game install and the xbox x said don't have enough space. to save game why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I only had one game install and the xbox x said don't have enough space. to save game why: why i received don't have enough space to save game in the clouds ebdfdb42-26d1-4905-bf32-b1951d697c46
  9. Minecraft said I don't own Minecraft anymore when my PC game pass expired, but I already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft said I don't own Minecraft anymore when my PC game pass expired, but I already...: I first bought Minecraft the game itself, and then yesterday when my PC game pass expired, Minecraft said that I don't own Minecraft anymore. I think the bug might be linked to the Xbox PC game...
  10. Game said new downloadable content has been downloaded and either go to main menu or return...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game said new downloadable content has been downloaded and either go to main menu or return...: Playing on Xbox it says new downloaded content has been downloaded either go to main menu or return to game screen is frozen rebooted Xbox still goes back the same screen can't do anything help...