Game "Rated above the age restrictions set on this account". Not part of family plan.

Discus and support Game "Rated above the age restrictions set on this account". Not part of family plan. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I am 28, my birthday is set in my profile and I just got gamepass. However when trying to download a game I get "{Game name} is rated above the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Teucros, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Teucros
    Teucros Guest

Game "Rated above the age restrictions set on this account". Not part of family plan.

Hello, I am 28, my birthday is set in my profile and I just got gamepass. However when trying to download a game I get "{Game name} is rated above the restriction set on this account. To install, please ask an adult to sign in and download. Or you can continue
    to browse hundreds of games in the store."

I am not a part of a family plan and I never have been.

:)

Teucros, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Teucros Win User

Not sure why, but when I signed out and signed back in manually, this appears to have fixed the issue
  3. TecnogoldPrimus Win User

family account restricted

if your sons account is set up on family settings as a child account I believe restrictions will automatically be set to not allow them to play a game that is not for their age group. age ratings on games are there to keep children safe.

if you would like to read up more or learn more about family restrictions and online safety here`s a link - Family & online safety
    this is definitely the issue here, if the ESRB rating is rated anything but E for everyone it will automatically restrict the ability to play those games.
  4. XBA_Hype Win User

family account restricted

if your sons account is set up on family settings as a child account I believe restrictions will automatically be set to not allow them to play a game that is not for their age group. age ratings on games are there to keep children safe.

if you would like to read up more or learn more about family restrictions and online safety here`s a link - Family & online safety
  5. The_Last_DJ Win User

Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

Hello Tero_Koo! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this. In some games, some devs put in a restriction if the account age is below the age rating of the game for the region then it won't allow to go on multiplayer and no setting in Xbox Family will override it.

Is the age of the childs account over the age rating of the game?
  6. FreedmFighter7 Win User

Game restrictions

I had the exact same problem and tried everything i could think of to resolve it - aside from removing the child accounts from the family group, which defeats the whole purpose! I even tried changing to no restrictions online in our Microsoft Family settings,
    but continued to receive the prompt that the content was above their restrictions. Here is the fix (scroll down to the Xbox One section and follow the steps):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026341

1. Go to Settings on the Xbox

2. Go to Account

3. Family Settings

4. Manage Family Members

5. Select account to manage

6. Select Access to Content

7. Set the appropriate age level

Just set the content restriction there to the appropriate age level and that should allow anything up to that age rating. Why this doesn’t actually work from the online family settings and apply to the Xbox there is a mystery to me.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Game "Rated above the age restrictions set on this account". Not part of family plan. - Similar Threads - Game Rated above

2. All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor): Hi. So, i recently installed Windows 11 (22H3) and all the games fps are locked at 75 (my monitor refresh rate). I already disabled fullscreen optimizations, Game DVR its also disabled, v-sync is...
  3. I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.

in XboX Insiders
    I want to rate a game that I played but it says “you must own this product before rating.”.: thats because theepicgamer464 bought it, and they are accounts on the same console but I want to rate, Xbox please add you can rate that you played. pls! Plz! Plsz! Plzs! submitted by...
  4. How come I get banned from xbox live for using bad language in a game that’s rated M for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come I get banned from xbox live for using bad language in a game that’s rated M for...: As I stated I was playing call of duty MW3 zombies when I went down and I asked players for help and a guy asked where I was and when I told him I didn’t know where I was he started bad mouthing...
  5. Game Pass PC "Rated Above Restrictions"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass PC "Rated Above Restrictions": I keep getting a "game is rated above restrictions" error on Game Pass on PC I have tried resetting my DOB and even signed into my account on my xbox and it says my accounts restrictions are set...
  6. Conversion rate of game pass ultimate

in XboX Insiders
    Conversion rate of game pass ultimate: This probably sounds dumb but If I buy game pass core for 12 months and then game pass ultimate for 1 month will I get game pass ultimate for 12 months that way? submitted by /u/PrankyBoy07...
  7. My mouse wobbles in every video game. It has a signal rate of 1000hz like every gamer but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mouse wobbles in every video game. It has a signal rate of 1000hz like every gamer but...: My mouse wobbles in every video game. It has a signal rate of 1000hz like every gamer but the xbox series x only supports 125hz. c61284ad-93ee-43a8-a180-221de258a45f
  8. Xbox gaming still shows content above my sons age rating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gaming still shows content above my sons age rating: I have content restrictions set to 16 on my sons account. However, in Xbox Cloud Gaming, it still shows all the 18 rated games that he can't play. WHY? It is hard enough trying to protect our...
  9. How do you make it so my account can send and see clips that are from games rated over E

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you make it so my account can send and see clips that are from games rated over E: Right now my account can only send clips from games like foriza horizon and minecraft cause they are rated E but my dad allows me to play more mature games than that like warzone and rainbow six...
  10. Gears Tactic on PC Game Pass have a Low Frame Rate Problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears Tactic on PC Game Pass have a Low Frame Rate Problem.: How I fix it?? Even low setting still does not help Spec R5 3600 1660 Super 16 GB 2a94475a-a347-4019-b8ea-e411c634815e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this is rated above a signed in users restrictions