game play issue requiring disc media

Discus and support game play issue requiring disc media in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having issues with my Xbox one reading discs . You can hear the drive trying to read the diac for a couple of times and then it stops with no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lorenzo huerta, Nov 26, 2022.

1. game play issue requiring disc media

I am having issues with my Xbox one reading discs . You can hear the drive trying to read the diac for a couple of times and then it stops with no error . I can remove the cd afterwords . I did try to flush the blue ray disc cache but that didn’t help either . Any recommendations??

:)

lorenzo huerta, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Lorenzo, Have you tested with more than 1 disc to verify that it reads at least 1 disc?

The methods you can test, to check if it's a system bug, would be these 2 below

Alright, let's try this here then

Press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds, wait for it to turn off. Unplug it. Now wait 1 minute before turning it on.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

If the console still does not read any disk, it means that it has a damaged internal component.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. dv8mad Win User

UHD stutters, freezes, audio drops and locks

This is playing directly from discs. My internet is 300mbps, but we don't stream, just download games and updates. The issues are from playing actual UHD media.
  4. X QS X MSR X Win User

GTA V Freezing too!!help!!

Listen to the media and internet before downloading games and their updates, If it says that only disc 1 is required do not download disk 2. Reminder- DO NOT DOWNLOAD DISC 2. ONLY DISC 1. Why? Disc 2 will ad better graphics BUT textures and objects will
    pop up at certain times.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Call of duty

It's odd that this is happening with all call of duty discs, Mark. Can you please try playing the Warzone which is a digital game that does not require disc for us to test if it's an issue with the game or the disc drive?
  6. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

I want my games to run off the disc not the digital copy

OP this gen of gaming. Disc is nothing more then proof you owned the game. And not a media format to play games. Time to get use to that disc are not longer the media for games. That why I not buying much disc version of games those days at all. Because
    it just more carbon footprint to get thee game then the digital version.
Thema:

1. game play issue requiring disc media - Similar Threads - game play issue

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...
  4. Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.: Game is lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 1 and 2. Did some research many people have had this issue and have resorted to downloading dodgy fixes instead of Microsoft allowing old games....
  5. Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.: Husband bought new Xbox Series X. We have Game Pass Ultimate. Our son could play all of his game pass games at the same time his dad was playing his Xbox before we got the new one. Now that we...
  6. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  7. Still have issue with the image when I play game pgatour2k23

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still have issue with the image when I play game pgatour2k23: Hello, Pgatour2k23 told me that you that have the expertise to solve my item. First I made a few test Microsoft on my network of my controler xboxone(see picture added) [img] [img] [img]...
  8. Remote play issue for cloud gaming :’(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play issue for cloud gaming :’(: Hi, So when I open up the Xbox app and went onto remote play it appears a black screen with no audio and yes I went to settings in order to setup this feature but I won’t work what do I do...
  9. Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out....: Having issues at gamepass home menu with games loading & play buttons on games grayed out. Is there a fix for this? 9f06d45e-80bd-48a1-856d-8ec718c7af49
  10. Issues playing online xbox 360 backwards compatible games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues playing online xbox 360 backwards compatible games.: Hello, my friend and I are having an issue playing several backwards compatible xbox 360 multiplayer games. He is on Xbox Series S and I am on Xbox ONE. When trying to join each others sessions, a...