Game pausing

Discus and support Game pausing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While attempting to play various games (Xbox One Kinect games on DVD), the system will pause if we, the players, don't move fast enough to play. How... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chienetfou, Oct 18, 2017.

1. chienetfou
    chienetfou Guest

Game pausing

While attempting to play various games (Xbox One Kinect games on DVD), the system will pause if we, the players, don't move fast enough to play.

How do I change that pause/time out setting so that it takes longer than 5 seconds to pause the game if the Kinect sensor doesn't pick us up right away?

:)

chienetfou, Oct 18, 2017
  2. nS Kid Cudi
    nS Kid Cudi Guest
    FIFA 15 Update/Install Issues

Yes I have tried pausing and resuming. I've tried nearly every possible combination of pausing/resuming/unistalling/reinstalling/power cycling I could think of.

nS Kid Cudi, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Jonnyc8911
    Jonnyc8911 Guest
    Wireless contoller keeps turning itself on

ive done that but ive noticed when i play a game it kepps pausing aswell lol

Jonnyc8911, Oct 18, 2017
  4. John Dowding Win User

In Game Pause

No it wont hurt anything. The instant resume feature is great but does work better with some games than others. Nothing better than just picking up the controller and gaming from where you were stood/crouched/hiding the night before!
  5. pkvas Win User

In Game Pause

I love that feature but with dragon age I don't like that the playtime clock kept running even when my machine was off
  6. Boas BS5 Win User

In Game Pause

One thing to note is not all games get on well with this practice, I had issues with Sunset Overdrive so make sure your game is saved before putting it in low power mode to be on the safe side.
  7. John Dowding Win User

In Game Pause

^if you press it and hold it for 2O seconds while holding a zippo to the corner of your carpet then the answer is yes (maybe not the explode bit)
  8. John Dowding Win User

In Game Pause

Yep me too, and people still say the 360 is quicker! LOL!!!!
Thema:

Game pausing

1. Game pausing - Similar Threads - Game pausing

2. Freeze on download and dont delete or pause the game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Freeze on download and dont delete or pause the game: Download pepa pig for fan but it freeze at 23% and dont canceling the download 97b25924-5166-4db5-8f06-c4393ed4c78b
  3. Trying to install a game but whenever I do it just says installation paused and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install a game but whenever I do it just says installation paused and then...: I have tried everything from updating my Xbox to restarting and completely resetting it but nothing works at all. Tried everything I can do but nothing works. 9190753b-d9c0-4b64-8e27-d60a06e29b8b
  4. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...
  5. My game is stuck in an endless download and i can't pause it nor cancel it, how do i fix it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game is stuck in an endless download and i can't pause it nor cancel it, how do i fix it...: I tried downloading aragami 2 and dead space, thinking it would cause trouble because one is on the EA app i paused aragami, when dead space finished downloading i got pack to aragami but the...
  6. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  7. Xbox PC app has game stuck in Queue, unable to cancel or pause it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app has game stuck in Queue, unable to cancel or pause it.: Ive been trying to Redownload Crusader Kings 3 for a few days now, and I cant get it to work at all. Apparently other people are having similar issues with the store right now....
  8. I can't pause a game installation on Xbox one s

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't pause a game installation on Xbox one s: I tried to download a game on my Xbox and it will not go even 1 MB. No matter what I tried. I couldn't pause or cancel installation. 938b476f-cbd4-454a-9b13-59a824acc44d
  9. Game won't install, can't pause or cancel, and many other issues with Xbox app and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install, can't pause or cancel, and many other issues with Xbox app and...: I attempted to install Stardew Valley, however, when I tried, it got to 5.2mb and then stopped downloading, 0mb/s. I tried pausing it to see what would happen, but when I tried, it just said...
  10. Pause recording with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pause recording with Xbox Game Bar: Can someone let me know what is the shortcut key(s) to be able to pause recording using Xbox Game Bar? 6d851388-791a-47ba-a608-9a7623acf3d8