Game pass with game sharing problem

Discus and support Game pass with game sharing problem in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am game sharing with someone that has the game pass but it won't let me play any game pass games or install new ones that they download. For example... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KingoftheGnones, May 26, 2018.

1. Game pass with game sharing problem

I am game sharing with someone that has the game pass but it won't let me play any game pass games or install new ones that they download. For example they downloaded state of decay 2 but it doesn't show up in ready to install.

:)

KingoftheGnones, May 26, 2018
  2. Game Pass gamesharing stopped? SOG

To make a clear additional note, is that my friend is still, at this moment, playing. So it's not a problem of Game Pass payment, either. This is purely an issue with the game sharing.

MisterMisfit13, May 26, 2018
  3. PsylentEve
    PsylentEve Guest
    Game sharing issue, need clarification

My friend and I are game sharing. He recently bought Battleborn Deluxe Edition which comes with the Season Pass. The game downloaded onto my console just fine but it is showing that I have to buy the Season Pass. Do the extras, season pass, and dlc not
    share if you are games sharing?

PsylentEve, May 26, 2018
  4. Arthur38eclair Win User

Problem with Game Pass sharing

Thank you! i've listened to your advice and began downloading the games, then signed off my dad's account and it still works! really nice

Thanks for your help and have a wonderfull day
  5. Lavindathar Win User

If you read the post, he says the home account is set correctly.

Game pass shares identically to everything else using the home xbox. We have two xbox's sat right next to each other, and only one account has game pass. We share the games using the home xbox method.

So, in response to the OP, if your Dad's account has game pass, and the Xbox you use is your Dad's home console as you state, then yes, the game pass games should share and work perfectly.

I'm unsure as to why they aren't. Have you tried searching through the game pass menu? Does it still not let you download them?
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  7. Malacath Win User

The Account with the Game Pass needs to be signed in to download Game Pass games even if it's the Home console.

So to download games your dads account will need to be signed in.

Once a game is downloaded though you can play using your own account even if your dad isn't signed in. Provided your console is his home console.
  8. Arthur38eclair Win User

I didn't switch at all, i just checked to see if my dad's account was the home account and it sure is!

I never switched home accounts since i first was told that i could share games with my father
Thema:

Game pass with game sharing problem

1. Game pass with game sharing problem - Similar Threads - Game pass game

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  5. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  6. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  7. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  8. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  9. It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...

in XBoX on Windows
    It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...: It’s not letting me sign in Xbox live for fight night champions and I been playing it for months 57990e78-3fdd-4268-89be-40a1f9326f75
  10. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546