Game pass will not install/play games even after trying every suggested option.

Discus and support Game pass will not install/play games even after trying every suggested option. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've gone through every option in this list here and I'm still seeing a frowny face where my play/install button should be. I've even gone as far as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thespooktster, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Game pass will not install/play games even after trying every suggested option.

I've gone through every option in this list here and I'm still seeing a frowny face where my play/install button should be. I've even gone as far as resetting my PC to try and get this to work. After a recent windows update it just absolutely refuses to install/play games on this PC. I was able to get the game to launch on my laptop so I know xbox services aren't down. I'm wondering what other options I can try at this point and/or how I can see an actual error code to help get to the bottom of what's going wrong.

This has been going on for multiple days.

:)

Thespooktster, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Please proceed to reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. Destnd1 Win User

Xbox game pass for Android won't run games on my new phone.

Having the same issues on the Galaxy S10+. Worked fine on my vacation a couple months back. The other day I was trying to show off the Versatility of game pass and cloud gaming and ran into the same "install to" option with no play button. The app even suggests witch titles have touch Controls, but still wants me to install them on the Xbox. Have done all the suggestions and tried the betas. Cloud gaming still works fine when launched on my series x
  4. Max Johnson1 Win User

Why can’t I play my downloaded games offline on my home Xbox?

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I tried the cache clear you suggested and it didn’t work. None of the games I’m trying to play are game pass games either. I’m just trying to play Doom 64 and other games that as far as I know don’t even have online options.
  5. The Chad118 Win User

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 (standard physical edition) says I need to purchase the game again

I did as you suggested. I just finished installation of every single pack, and I still don't even have the option to play Modern Warfare.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Sharing game pass on 2 Xbox’s

You would have to set your son's console as your account's home console.

Then your son can play all the games you own (even those you rent via Game Pass).

However, Game Pass games HAVE TO be installed by you, as they won't appear in your son's Ready to Install section.

After you installed a Game Pass game on your Home Console (i.e. your son's console), your son can play your games.
Thema:

1. Game pass will not install/play games even after trying every suggested option. - Similar Threads - Game pass install

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  4. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  5. Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game install button shows sad face. HELP!!: Cant install Assassins Creed Valhalla which is available as part of XBox Game Pass. Install button just shows a sad face. I have tried resetting the Xbox app and Store app. I have tried myriad of...
  6. Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...: Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on a Xbox one x it does not show install option. it's show buy ubisoft+ subscription....
  7. Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with the installation of a new game on xbox game pass: Hi today they add Assassins Creed Valhalla on game pass so i want to play it on my Pc, but when i try to install it i got a sad face, and i dont know what to do, any idea of what is happening?...
  8. How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i install a game I own instead of the Game Pass version?: I bought the Conan Complete Edition and when I try to install it Game Pass installs the Game Pass version of the base game along with my DLCs that are included with the complete edition. I've...
  9. Where can I get help with Xbox Game Pass PC install errors?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I get help with Xbox Game Pass PC install errors?: I am having problems installing PC Game Pass older games on Windows 11 especially EA Games titles. Anyone able to help me find solutions for specific games? Some are: Medal of Honor Airborne &...
  10. Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install rainbow six siege on Xbox one S despite having the game pass corr: It’s my understanding that Xbox game pass core includes rainbow six siege. This is the only reason I bought the game pass. However, when I go to install it I’m only give the option to buy game...