Game pass shared on 2 consoles in 1 household

Discus and support Game pass shared on 2 consoles in 1 household in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; We have an X Box One X and a game pass. If we buy a X Box Series X and have it in a separate room but in the same house, can they both run off the same... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jamz_Owe43, Nov 26, 2022.

1. jamz_Owe43
    jamz_Owe43 Guest

We have an X Box One X and a game pass. If we buy a X Box Series X and have it in a separate room but in the same house, can they both run off the same game pass or I do I need to buy it twice (I hope not)?

:)

jamz_Owe43, Nov 26, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well depends

So let's set this up

Assuming this only affects 2 people more can be bur there is a limit

Console 1 is your series x

Console 2 is xbox one x

Account 1 has gamepass

Accoumt 2 is roommate spouse or child etc since you didn't specify

Account 3-4 incase we are talking about household

Account 1 has gamepass.ultimate. Signs into. Console 2 and makes it your home console

you want to make a different console your home Xbox:

1. Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalisation, and then select My home Xbox.
    Account 1-4 can use console 2 and play games online or offline

Account 1 can use console 1 and use your games online only and has to be signed in online at all times to play

Account 2-4 cannot.use console 1 digital games since account 1 can only roam

You can change the home console at anytime upto 5 times a rolling year bit this isnt meant to be shared this way because someone wants to change consoles for one day

Account 1-4 can use disk games on whichever console. As long as you have the disk inside the drive
  3. andyhollander Win User

Game sharing feature - Well lack of !!

What kind of limit is one console per household? That’s not game sharing is it if I need to buy multiple copies of games or multiple game passes for my 2 sons. What a joke
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

can use at the same time

Only one can use Xbox Game Pass. You can however share the games that are on Xbox Game Pass with someone else using the Home Xbox setting on the console.

Bear in mind this feature can only be used in the same household if there is more than one console in it. Sharing games to other users in other households is against the terms of use, and can get you suspended or banned for doing it.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Game sharing

I was wondering if i were to game share with one of my friends who has the game pass and another friend who doesn’t have the game pass gameshares with me. Would my friend without the game pass get the game pass games as well because they are games
    sharing with me or not.
    As [Farscape] states the home Xbox feature is meant for sharing your games/gold subscription/etc across 2 consoles that you personally own in the same household.

It was never meant for sharing with friends and doing so is actually against the rules.
  6. UnluckiesT LaG Win User

multiple xbox One consoles

I have 2 consoles in my house 1 is mine the other is my childs. We share games, games pass and xbox live through setting my childs xbox as my home xbox. This means i can sign into my own xbox with my profile and my child can play on their xbox with their
    profile. As my childs console is set as my home console they get all the benefits of my subscriptions/games without me being signed into theirs. This only works with 2 consoles and will work in different households.
Thema:

1. Game pass shared on 2 consoles in 1 household - Similar Threads - Game pass shared

2. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  3. Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass ultimate not sharing to my home Xbox: Can anyone help me? For years i’ve paid for game pass ultimate and had my dads xbox as the home xbox of my account so that he can also have access to ultimate. As of today for some reason it is...
  4. Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core: I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because it says (online console multiplayer) like does...
  5. Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share games and ultimate game pass between 3 consoles.: I have 3 Xbox series X consoles all are within the same house. we have 3 separate Xbox profiles for me and my 2 sons. is there an option (free or paid) to have the ultimate game pass shared...
  6. I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child: Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a Game Pass Ultimate issue on our family Xbox One console. Here's the situation: I have an Xbox One with my main...
  7. Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.: It's about as confusing as it sounds. This happen as of Last night on Dec 15, 2023. I Have tried giving it a Power Cycle and it still was acting funky. I Tried removing it and Re-adding it as a...
  8. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  9. Share access to PC Game Pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Share access to PC Game Pass: I have access to PC Game Pass on my Windows PC on my own account billed monthly. I want to give access to this to my son who also uses my PC on a different user. We do not have an Xbox, and do not...
  10. Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Xbox game pass ultimate the only game pass eligible to be shared with my family ?: I want to share my game pass with my family but right now my home Xbox only shares games. I have game pass core. 3feec88d-530b-47e5-9e89-09f2f2941682