Game Pass PC, not downloading updates - happens every month or so!!! What causes this

Discus and support Game Pass PC, not downloading updates - happens every month or so!!! What causes this in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game pass PC does not download updates, I have to uninstall gaming services, uninstall game pass app, in many different orders, to see what works.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rdalcoft, Jul 21, 2022.

1. rdalcoft
    rdalcoft Guest

Game Pass PC, not downloading updates - happens every month or so!!! What causes this

Game pass PC does not download updates,

I have to uninstall gaming services, uninstall game pass app, in many different orders, to see what works.

Sometimes this can take a whole day, sometimes it works, sometimes i can never get it to work, why is this an issue, why does it always happen?

Main culprit is Forza 5 and Halo infinite. Every time there is an update, this happens.. You really need to change how apps are delivered, I think you have made game pass so secure, that the smallest thing breaks the install, especially when it comes to updating.

Why don't you just have a normal verify files button to determine if the game is installed, instead of this stupid repair, and reset option. It never works as intended, and ends up deleting the whole game if you use it too many times..

I pay good money for your subscription, but end up trouble shooting more than i game!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't know why I am posting here, as the answers never come from Microsoft, why is it impossible to contact Microsoft, or the developers of Game pass directly, and give and receive feedback on the issue at hand..

You pay good money for a subscription every month, but when it comes to support, they don't want to know..

I have never seen a reply on here from Microsoft staff

Yes I am angry, and Pissed off, but more so because the best their contact support can offer is to post here on the forum where help very rarely comes in the form of fixing anything..

:)

rdalcoft, Jul 21, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello rdalcoft,

We understand your sentiment with the games (Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite) update. We know that you are trying to keep up of the latest release and enjoy each game new features. This is no more acceptable to us than it was to you to get this updates working fine using Xbox app. As your support advisor, we will work with you to find the best solution for your issue.

Based on your description, the Game Pass PC will not download updates. May we know if you can recall any error message/codes that you get constantly throughout the update issue you were experiencing? Please post a screenshot and conceal any personal information. Do we have any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy and PC Optimizer installed in PC? May we know if your device is on auto-update? Please provide more details so we can see what could be the best way for you to get you play the games smoothly based on your preference.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Davide Bontà Win User

5. Dondlan Win User

Xbox game pass.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is available only on Xbox Game Pass (console)

Every time you see a game announcement for game pass, be sure to check if it will join the Xbox Game Pass PC Library or the Xbox Game Pass Console Library.

The two catalogues get pretty much different updates every month.
  6. WPAK Win User

Cant download Games pass games off app or store.

Hi there,

if possible can you try and see what happens when you use your account on a different PC and sign in to your account with the Game pass subscription. This is to determine if the issue is caused by the account or the PC.

Keep in mind that as far as I know the PC Game Pass is still in Beta , so it might just be a case to wait a while to see if an update might fix it.

If it works fine on a different PC then you may consider trying a 'factory reset' on the PC, this is quite a step to take without any guarantee that it will work, I understand, but if this only happens on that specific PC, it might be a step to try
Thema:

1. Game Pass PC, not downloading updates - happens every month or so!!! What causes this - Similar Threads - Game Pass downloading

2. Game pass downloads to external storage

in XboX Insiders
    Game pass downloads to external storage: I would love the feature that enables downloading of game pass games through the site (with my game pass subscription) to an external storage and then moving them to my console. submitted by...
  3. Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Doom Eternal on game pass on pc, it includes the campaign but for some reason...: The campaign is unavailable, but for some reason when I try to access it, it gives me some kind of error. ef15df60-41e2-4630-ae20-32be1106964d
  4. I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc version of GTA and never downloaded it soon after I got Xbox Game Pass...: I bought a disc of GTA 5 during the pandemic, and bought Game Pass Ultimate in Jan 2021 and canceled it same year in June 2021, over 2 years ago. With this, I never downloaded GTA 5 with either...
  5. What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc: Will be my saved data from that gta from gamepass be on disc version of gta? ba5b78de-9169-45a6-ab70-12815e6d2a33
  6. I have game pass ultimate however when i try to download a game on my laptop it asks me to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have game pass ultimate however when i try to download a game on my laptop it asks me to...: as mentioned i have ultimate on an auto renew subscription, previously been able to download on both console and laptop but today when i try to download football manager 2024 - which says included...
  7. Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but...: Multilayer not working with ganeshare.. I can get games just no live multiplayer?????. 9d51568e-d483-430a-9adb-82d456637708
  8. I'm subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes EA Play. I downloaded the EA App,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes EA Play. I downloaded the EA App,...: I'm asked to purchase the game or subscribe to EA Play. Trying to download Dead Space on my PC and EA customer service told me there's no problem on their end. 6f978fcd-e52c-4d19-9982-dff3efdce72c
  9. i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass,i download the game i see my character from xbox i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass,i download the game i see my character from xbox i...: i downloaded remanent 2 on games pass, i played it for hours upon hours on xbox beat it several times had 100 of items, i download the game i see my character from xbox i get on him and almost all...
  10. why cant i download in my pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download in my pc game pass: i press download game pass in my pc and it sends me an error 0x803FB005 2f91c5f6-779c-45b8-9bc3-b1ebf7953413