Game Pass (PC): Modifiable Game Files Issue

Discus and support Game Pass (PC): Modifiable Game Files Issue in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am experiencing an access issue with one of the games from Game Pass, on PC. The game is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and I have enabled mods. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by N-Human, May 20, 2021.

  1. N-Human
    N-Human Guest

    Game Pass (PC): Modifiable Game Files Issue


    I am experiencing an access issue with one of the games from Game Pass, on PC. The game is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and I have enabled mods. I am told that I do not have access to the game whenever trying to use the launcher from the provided modifiable files. This makes adding mods to the game impossible.
    Game Pass (PC): Modifiable Game Files Issue [​IMG]


    :)
     
    N-Human, May 20, 2021
    #1
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

    Game Pass (PC): Modifiable Game Files Issue

    Please make sure that the game has its own mods folder. Mods won’t work with your game if they’re added to the wrong folder.

    Also, certain games may have specific instructions for setting up mods. Be sure to check the game developer’s site for more info.
  3. N-Human Win User

    Game Pass (PC): Modifiable Game Files Issue

    The issue at hand is that I don't have access to the game launcher (screenshot was provided). I do not need to be told how to mod the game. Please make sure you are thorough before replying to an issue.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

    nie można znaleść pliku gry[Translation-can't find the game file]

    Hello Karol,

    Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have an issue with a game. Are you on a Xbox console, if so you are unable to modify files. If you are on a PC and got game through game pass, you cant modify files as it is locked. Please give as
    much information as possible so we can assist you further.

    Thanks,

    Brad
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Game Pass on PC: Tropico 6 save file location?

    This folder exists on my OneDrive tree, but it is empty. To reiterate, I can view hidden files on my computer, I am admin on my computer, I have full access/modify privileges on my C drive.

    I am absolutely baffled about the location of these save files.
    Some of the Game Pass version of these games have been modified by the developer to change the location of the save game. Some PC game pass titles don't even have a local save at all.

    For example, Rise of the Tomb Raider, which isn't a Game Pass PC title, but can be bought from the Xbox PC store, stores its save file in an isolated UWP registry which can't be accessed.

    Yes, I know it's a crazy system which no other PC distributer uses, and I'm a PC gamer myself. I like the fact the games are their as part of the service, but the implementation needs much improvement. Which is why, unless something is insanely cheap on the store, I usually buy my games from Steam.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Modifying game files

    Ive checked what performance I should be getting and its about right but the fps drops are weird cause its just random not when something should be loading
    Still wouldn't do any harm to tell us what they are. I'm primarily a PC gamer and I know PC hardware.

    Have you tried running MSI Afterburner to check your FPS and your CPU and GPU temperatures?
Thema:

Game Pass (PC): Modifiable Game Files Issue

Loading...
  1. Game Pass (PC): Modifiable Game Files Issue - Similar Threads - Game Pass Modifiable

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...