Game pass on PC unusable, saying services need to be installed

Discus and support Game pass on PC unusable, saying services need to be installed in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been using Game pass for months all fine. It now says there are several things that need to be installed, Gamin services etc. There is a green bar... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by cardinaluk, Dec 13, 2020.

  1. cardinaluk
    cardinaluk Guest

    Game pass on PC unusable, saying services need to be installed


    I've been using Game pass for months all fine. It now says there are several things that need to be installed, Gamin services etc. There is a green bar at the top saying this. When I click it, it sends me to a menu of things that need to be installed. When
    I click install button for each one it attempts to install, but then the button reverts back to install again.

    Nothing has worked. I've tried resetting MS Store wsreset etc.

    I've tried uninstalling Game Pass

    I've tried restarting all related services.

    Gaming Services is no present in the list of services btw.

    I'm at the point where I've tried everything.

    I now need MS support with this as I'm paying for nothing.

    :)
     
    cardinaluk, Dec 13, 2020
    #1
  2. PunisherFan Win User

    Game pass on PC unusable, saying services need to be installed

    I've been using Game pass for months all fine. It now says there are several things that need to be installed, Gamin services etc. There is a green bar at the top saying this. When I click it, it sends me to a menu of things that need to be installed. When
    I click install button for each one it attempts to install, but then the button reverts back to install again.

    Nothing has worked. I've tried resetting MS Store wsreset etc.

    I've tried uninstalling Game Pass

    I've tried restarting all related services.

    Gaming Services is no present in the list of services btw.

    I'm at the point where I've tried everything.

    I now need MS support with this as I'm paying for nothing.
    Hey. I am having the same exact issues. I recently signed up again with Xbox, for game pass on my pc, service isn't letting me play fallout or any other game, even though I paid and I am enrolled. Please fix this Xbox.
  3. Harry Sullivan Win User

    Why are my installed games not showing up when I open xbox app to launch them

    None of my installed game pass games show up on PC game pass. I am online but nothing is showing up. I keep getting a message saying that I need to download gaming services but nothing seems to happen.
  4. slackadelic Win User

    Game Pass Ultimate

    You need to install the Game Pass for PC app to install games from Game Pass on your PC.

    Hope that makes sense :)
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Copy game content from steam into the xbox game pass games folder

    Hi there, sorry to say but you aren't able to copy your steam game files over to your Xbox One console...
    Hi

    I'm sure you mean well, but that's not what the OP is asking. They are asking if they can copy the files from Steam into a directory PC Game Pass uses for its game installs.

    To the question:

    I'm sorry that isn't possible. Unlike Steam - or any other PC game download service - Game Pass on PC does it differently. The games are installed to a protected folder that can not be modified.

    You'll need to download it again. There is no other way around that. Sorry.
  6. Gazarra Win User

    XBox PC beta installer and Windows Store game installation broken

    Yeah, I've given up on Xbox game pass for the PC. I can not comprehend how Microsoft can not fix this problem. Needless to say it does not work. It is not worth the effort of a re-install of Windows. I guess I need to wait until some5one else rolls out
    a similar service.
Thema:

Game pass on PC unusable, saying services need to be installed

Loading...
  1. Game pass on PC unusable, saying services need to be installed - Similar Threads - Game pass unusable

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...