Game Pass on PC doesn't feel like Xbox because of all the missing API features.

Discus and support Game Pass on PC doesn't feel like Xbox because of all the missing API features. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Some games don't use Xbox Live. No support for cloud saving, no achivements, no cross play or cross save. Console at least have some quality control.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BuldozerX, Jun 14, 2019.

1. /u/BuldozerX
    /u/BuldozerX Guest

Some games don't use Xbox Live. No support for cloud saving, no achivements, no cross play or cross save.

Console at least have some quality control. We know that all this stuff will be in there, but on PC is basically up to the developers if basic features will be missing or not. This shouldn't be optional.

submitted by /u/BuldozerX
    [link] [comments]

/u/BuldozerX, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

THE BEGINNING OF XB1?

Feels that way. With all the patches the system doesn't feel like it's lacking in expected features anymore. Some are still missing, but there are new features that help fill in the gap like Smartglass.
  3. SinistralSpark8 Win User

Backlog to the future

I think is a cool feature, the Game Pass on PC has something like this doesn't?
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

No Mans Sky VR not working...

Hi,

I can't give you direct help on why VR isn't working on No Man's Sky, unfortunately. I can tell you something that Microsoft keep secret on how these PC games Pass games work.

Many if not most of the Game Pass titles for PC (but not all) are conversions of Xbox One game. They literally take the Xbox One game and port it to PC. Despite it being quite decent for the most part, some games have missing graphics elements and features,
    and I've noticed these personally.

For example, on Wolfenstein Youngblood there is an option to enable RTX (Ray Tracing) on RTX 20XXX graphics cards, the problem is, it doesn't work. It doesn't work because the game has been ported from the Xbox One console which of course doesn't support
    RTX features. Also the game doesn't support dedicated full screen, only working in a Borderlines Window. In addition, I found the performance compared to my Steam version to be far, far inferior.

No Man's Sky on Game Pass doesn't support dedicated full screen either.

When Metro Exodus was on the service it didn't support DirectX12, even though it was in the menu, it didn't work.

I believe this is why Game Pass for PC is still officially a Beta. It also explains how they managed to get Xbox Achievements into PC games that ordinarily don't have them.

My advice is if you want to play No Man's Sky in VR, you'll need the Steam version.
  5. Michael T69 Win User

Not all of "The Walking Dead" series are on Xbox game pass for pc, but are all on the Xbox game pass for Xbox.

Ok... I know that Telltale is dead, and I know that it's on Steam, but your not even close to correct. First of all, the walking dead games are available on pc via Xbox app go check for yourself. secondly, like I said, SOME are on game pass for pc but not all of them and some cost money. On Xbox, all of them are on game pass. See the divide there, it doesn't matter if telltale is dead or not. What matters is that it is possible to make them all on game pass for pc since they were all put on it for Xbox. Also for your information @ngocphi, there are 2 separate versions of the walking dead game, one made for pc and one made for Xbox, so that's why you didn't see it on their website. You need to have the Xbox app on a computer. It's the only way.
    [​IMG]
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is there any chance MSFS for Xbox series x will compare with pc on a near future?

No, there is no possibility of an external GPU, because Xbox doesn't have any ports for it. The good news is that the Xbox version is designed specifically for Xbox, and has the performance of a high end PC.

The game performs excellently on Xbox Series X, I play it on both my relatively high end PC and on the console.

What do you feel you're missing out on?
Thema:

1. Game Pass on PC doesn't feel like Xbox because of all the missing API features. - Similar Threads - Game Pass doesn't

2. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...
  3. X box game pass doesn't accepting my card for making the payment for x box game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box game pass doesn't accepting my card for making the payment for x box game pass ultimate: X box game pass is not working efficiently in asus rog strike 15 as am using from the India. It doesn't accepting my card for making the payment for x box game pass ultimate. Please, respond to my...
  4. How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change install folder in a drive for game pass but folder doesn't exist: Trying to move game to from one drive to another but cannot as it says there is a drive issue. "N: - We didn't find N:\N:\Xbox. Make sure the folder exists and try again". This isn't a typo it...
  5. Xbox game pass app party chat not a feature. Clearly it doesn't work. Prove me wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass app party chat not a feature. Clearly it doesn't work. Prove me wrong: Xbox game pass app chat not working or never did ab59630e-e78e-4c47-9c2c-b2117ca6cd50
  6. Why doesn't Game Pass Ultimate work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't Game Pass Ultimate work?: Bought game pass ultimate but whenever i try to buy games from the included memberships it wants to charge full price instead of the discounted price 42105583-dc94-4eae-98d4-6d5006e30d1b
  7. Game pass app doesn't have a play option only install to and browser the play button is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass app doesn't have a play option only install to and browser the play button is...: I had used it happily for over a year using my steam deck, as recently as the 11pm on the 30th of June, by the next morning it was not working. Support couldn't figure it out and advised to wait...
  8. I paid for Xbox game pass and it shows on my gift card and it doesn't wor

in XBoX on Windows
    I paid for Xbox game pass and it shows on my gift card and it doesn't wor: It just doesn't work. I paid but then it asks me to pay again using visa or PayPal ed727cdb-2e20-4907-9e90-ca5bbdfe70f6
  9. Just clicked through to accept code for ultimate game pass with BT and it doesn't show on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just clicked through to accept code for ultimate game pass with BT and it doesn't show on...: BT.com ultimate game pass is not showing on my account after entering code. Just shows existing Xbox gold subscription afbd6b9f-88f5-4f19-987f-eea5ff3ae100
  10. Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app: It is June 2023 and still too this date it has been no fix for the ghost keyboard using gamepass mobile in cloud mode. Any game that has custom characterization is pretty much unplayable, if you...