Game Pass No Man's Sky Cannot Save My Game

Discus and support Game Pass No Man's Sky Cannot Save My Game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After a fresh install of No Man's Sky I noticed that I would start a game and play for a couple hours but it would never save... I would get in and out... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BenjaminS988754, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Game Pass No Man's Sky Cannot Save My Game

After a fresh install of No Man's Sky I noticed that I would start a game and play for a couple hours but it would never save... I would get in and out of my starship and it would say that it saved but after navigating to options it would show that no manual or autosave had been made. What is even more weird is when I exit the game to the main menu it says "Last save: 2 minutes ago" and when I exit to main menu the save is still there but when I open the save it loads me in normally but it deletes all of my progress and boots me back to the start of the tutorial. If I exit to desktop the save isn't there when I log back on the game.
    You can find a similar thread here (but it was locked before another answer could be posted): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/no-mans-sky-gamepass-save-corrupted-now-the-game/59137e48-f0da-4891-a0bc-10203b1d7b4e

I've tried deleting the save file location: C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\HelloGames\NMS and I have reinstalled the game multiple times on different drives to see if that fixed the issue. (So far nothing has worked)

(The Game installed is the base game with no mods, add-ons, or 3rd party content that could affect anything)

:)

BenjaminS988754, Jul 11, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today BenjaminS988754

Buddy, may I know if this happens only with no man's sky?
    Your Xbox PC app is installed on C: drive or a different drive? If it's on a different drive, please move it to C: again

In the meantime try this;

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Do the previous for no man's sky app.

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and install minecraft launcher

-------

Also, in case you're able to do it. Could you sign in with a different account on the game and see if the issue persists with every user?

I'll be waiting for your answers, greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

where save the game no man`s sky

As far as I'm aware No Man's Sky on Game Pass doesn't use a locale save file. Even if it did, it would be unlikely to be compatible with the Steam version of game.
  4. Kinetic Profit Win User

No Mans Sky Gamepass save corrupted, now the game wont save at all

On the account where the corruption occurred, navigate to C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\GAME where NAME is your username and
    GAME will be something like No Man's Sky in this case. Rename the No Man's Sky folder to something like No Man's Sky - Bad. Launch the game and see if it acts differently.
    It seems No Man's Sky doesn't create a save there. I did find local save data elsewhere and deleted it, but the corrupted profile still doesn't work.
  5. ericjwilborn Win User

No Mans Sky Gamepass save corrupted, now the game wont save at all

On the account where the corruption occurred, navigate to C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\GAME where NAME is your username and
    GAME will be something like No Man's Sky in this case. Rename the No Man's Sky folder to something like No Man's Sky - Bad. Launch the game and see if it acts differently.
  6. XBF John Win User

Xbox PC Game Pass Cloud save not synching with PC device anymore - No Man's Sky

Ah, yeah may be a display issue in No Man's Sky then, which if so, I would let Hello Games know that the save date and times aren't displaying correctly, when you have the time to of course. (Contact - No Man's Sky)

I asked about the Cloud saves on PC and the answer to me was: Right now, as it stands with Cloud saves, you can't force update them on PC because you cannot access the cloud saves on PC and there is not an existing user interface to do so.

Safe Travels,

Thema:

1. Game Pass No Man's Sky Cannot Save My Game - Similar Threads - Game Pass Man's

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass: Hi, I subscribed to PC Game Pass and installed No Man'S Sky to play with a friend, who hold the game on Steam. I heard the game wa s crossplatform. However, i cannot access the...
  5. No Man's Sky from Game Pass PC - stuck at loading screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky from Game Pass PC - stuck at loading screen: I installed NMS via Game Pass on PC for the first time and the game endlessly loads. At the same time, it uses almost no resources in Task Manager. My PC: i5-6400 GTX 1060 6GB 16GB RAM SSD I...
  6. Xbox Game Pass Man of Medan coop bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Man of Medan coop bug: The game The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan has a bug where you can not play online cooperative if your gamertag has any number or special character on it. As this problem can not be solved...
  7. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (Xbox Game Pass on PC) video driver crashed and...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (Xbox Game Pass on PC) video driver crashed and...: Every time after a couple minutes my game crashes and report: "video driver crashed and was reset! make sure your video drivers are up to date. Exiting... ". All my drivers are up to date. I...
  8. Xbox Game Pass Man of Medan coop bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Man of Medan coop bug: The game The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan has a bug where you can not play online cooperative if your gamertag has any number or special character on it. As this problem can not be solved...
  9. LibSceFios2.dll Error - No Man Sky Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    LibSceFios2.dll Error - No Man Sky Xbox Game Pass: So I am playing on a PC using Xbox Game Pass. Following a reboot, the game will start and run fine for a good few hours. After that, I receive this error when trying to start the game. I have...
  10. Xbox Game Pass "Old Man´s Journey" won´t download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass "Old Man´s Journey" won´t download: Hello, I am trying to download the Game "Old Man´s Journey" from the Xbox Game Pass since one month but it doesn´t work. Because after a few moments, every 2 seconds it says "installation...