Game Pass Games Not Opening

Discus and support Game Pass Games Not Opening in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to play Forza Horizon 5 through pc game pass and it keeps crashing every time I open it after about 10-20 seconds. How can I fix... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fakerev, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Fakerev
    Fakerev Guest

I have been trying to play Forza Horizon 5 through pc game pass and it keeps crashing every time I open it after about 10-20 seconds. How can I fix this?

:)

Fakerev, Oct 4, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox game pass games. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Kindly try to perform the following workarounds:

1. Update Windows.

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    Once the updates have been downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.

Following installation, I recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

2. Update the Xbox and Gaming services apps:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    Select Library.
    Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

3. Update your game.

Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Check for updates.

4. Repair the game.

Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Verify and Repair.

5. Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.

6. Reinstall your game.

If you're having trouble getting a game to play, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

You may also check this link for reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Are there any plans to expose an API for GamePass?

There is already a Game Pass app that you can open to see if a game is on Game Pass
  4. DanishNazir Win User

game pass games wont open

Hi there, no luck! Also, I'm using console, not pc. Any more tips?
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Go to - https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

Clicked on "Edit Day of Birth"

Fill out the info (even if current DOB on account is correct) & submit

Open up Game Pass app on PC, log out of account

Sign back into account
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Select the Start button > Settings > Accounts , then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed.
Thema:

1. Game Pass Games Not Opening - Similar Threads - Game Pass Games

2. trying to link 2 different accounts on game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    trying to link 2 different accounts on game pass: I have xbox gamepass ultimate on xbox I just bought a new pc. when I log in it gives me an old microsoft account. I cant seem to find a away to link the account that is on my xbox can anyone...
  3. Game pass code

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass code: I just bought a Xbox series x diablo series and a new call of duty game and did not receive a game pass code like usually do! Is there any code for a free month that I could get so I can play on...
  4. Does game pass for PC has region locks for games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does game pass for PC has region locks for games?: Am kind of frustrated that this recurring issue happens, where some selected games are not available for whatever reason to play. Those games simply not on the recently added list, i cant search...
  5. why cant i download in my pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download in my pc game pass: i press download game pass in my pc and it sends me an error 0x803FB005 2f91c5f6-779c-45b8-9bc3-b1ebf7953413
  6. Remnant 1 and 2 missing on PC Game Pass in Ukraine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 1 and 2 missing on PC Game Pass in Ukraine: Hi Remnant 1 & 2 have just released but I cant find it in just released section of pc xbox app, it's in the home page but when i click it its says not available. Ukraine region....
  7. Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Game Pass games on PC, they now say they've been refunded and removed from...: I've been playing Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon 5 continually for a week now, but today I tried to launch either of them and it gives me a message saying "When you got a refund on Forza...
  8. Days Gone request for PC Game Pass

in XboX Insiders
    Days Gone request for PC Game Pass: Hello !!! It is posible to add Days Gone for PC Game Pass ? Have a good day !!! submitted by /u/geomihai10 [link] [comments]
  9. Remnant 1 and 2 missing on PC Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 1 and 2 missing on PC Game Pass: Hi Remnant 1 & 2 have just released but I cant find it in just released section of pc xbox app, it's in the home page but when i click it its says not available. my friend have it and played it...
  10. How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?: 2 months ago I created a new, alternate account to try out a free trial code for game pass a friend had given me(you can't use free trial's on existing accounts even if you've never had game pass...