Game pass games from previous windows install

Discus and support Game pass games from previous windows install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, My windows installation on a primary hard drive was causing issues, so I did a full format of the drive and reinstalled windows. However, my game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Keg504, May 14, 2020.

  1. Keg504
    Keg504 Guest

    Game pass games from previous windows install


    Hi,

    My windows installation on a primary hard drive was causing issues, so I did a full format of the drive and reinstalled windows. However, my game pass games were installed on a different hard drive. When I installed the game pass app on the new install,
    I can't change the install location to the old location, and it says access control is corrupt, so I have to delete it and create a new one. How would I do this?

    I tried changing the default save location, but I get a 0x80070005 error code.

    :)
     
    Keg504, May 14, 2020
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Game pass games from previous windows install

    Once you've unlocked the old WindowsApps folder you can move it anywhere. If it's not too big you could move it to another drive then format the drive and destroy it.

    I'm not massively familiar with Ubuntu, but if you made your USB drive read only, it might make everything read only when it's running. Not sure. I would ask on some other hardware forums specific forums. The Steam
    forums are good as is the Linus Tech tips forum.
  3. Keg504 Win User

    Game pass games from previous windows install

    Thanks, that worked. I wasn't able to use your live linux method (ubuntu would open filesystem as read-only), but IOBit Unlocker worked somewhat well enough to solve it after taking ownership.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Game pass games from previous windows install

    Hi,

    It's the WindowsApps folder in root directory of D:\ (or whatever your other drive letter is) you need to delete. These folders aren't hidden on other drives, only the C:\ drive WindowsApps folder is hidden.

    The modifiable WindowsApps folder has no security protections attached to it.
  5. Keg504 Win User

    Game pass games from previous windows install

    Is ModifiableWindowsApps the folder I want? It contains the MCC, but not the other two games I installed before. If not, where can I find this hidden folder? I have one named WindowsApps in the root of the volume, but that is not hidden
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Game pass games from previous windows install

    Hi,

    Windows installs all games from its own services to a hidden protected folder called WindowsApps. Any drive you use will have this same folder created.

    The error code is an access denied error. It can't set the drive as a new location because there is already a WindowsApps folder there.

    I gave an answer to the same question on
    this thread
    . I hope it helps fix your issue as well.
Thema:

Game pass games from previous windows install

Loading...
  1. Game pass games from previous windows install - Similar Threads - Game pass games

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...