Game pass games asks for firewall access every single time

Discus and support Game pass games asks for firewall access every single time in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have an extremely annoying issue. Every game pass app asks for firewall access, every single time I launch a game. This doesn't happen in any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Artun_123, Nov 14, 2021.

  1. Artun_123
    Artun_123 Guest

    Game pass games asks for firewall access every single time


    Hi I have an extremely annoying issue. Every game pass app asks for firewall access, every single time I launch a game. This doesn't happen in any other platform like steam. I just checked my firewall entries and I have about 6 different entries for forzahorizon5 all with weird path names like D:3\forzahorizon5 or D:1\forzahorizon5 . This also happens for Age of Empires 5. Also even though all the games are installed in E:\ drive, their firewall entry changes form C , D to E

    :)
     
    Artun_123, Nov 14, 2021
    #1
  2. Artun_123 Win User

    Game pass games asks for firewall access every single time

    Thanks for the reply. No, I am not using any VPNs or custom dns
  3. SammyVS Win User

    Game pass games asks for firewall access every single time

    I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

    If you are using VPN's this could be the cause of the problem. I recommend removing the adapters. I also recommend resetting the firewall defaults, you will probably have to allow the apps again.
  4. AdamBecket² Win User

    The Surge not saving my game data on Xbox Game Pass PC

    The same issue still persists.

    The game DID ask (and get) Xbox Live Profile account access on first start. Visible on the MS account page. So it HAS the elevated privileges to read/write save files to the MS/Xbox user cloud data.

    The game also is registered in the MS Win 10 Firewall settings. It has the privileges to pass data through the firewall.

    Seems, after each time a user starts the game again, the (background?) Xbox profile login/hook and cloud save access does not happen.

    Running the game with main Win 10 user profile (with Admin rights), with vanilla slow-tier Win 10 Pro Preview Build. No 3rd party AV. All other XBOX Pass PC games work/save as intended.

    //reported it on Xbox Feedback Hub platform.
  5. Pakalolo Time Win User

    No Online Passes, No Day One DLC, Just the Game I Bought!

    [quote user="NeecHMonkeY"]

    Also, to the comment about Skyrim being a Single player game so it has no Online Pass - Mass Effect 2 and both Dragon Age games had online passes that were required to access certain content in the games.

    [/quote]

    No. Those games had codes to special in-game content. An Online Pass is a one time use code to access the full multiplayer experience ONLINE.
  6. Dirty Loco Win User

    Xbox Live Gold Membership what have in adittion?

    You'll need Xbox Live gold in order to play online for every game. That "Online Pass" is only for that one game. If you buy Medal of Honor, and play it on a silver (free) account, you will still be able to access the single
    player campaign, but not the multiplayer component.
Thema:

Game pass games asks for firewall access every single time

Loading...
  1. Game pass games asks for firewall access every single time - Similar Threads - Game pass games

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...