Game pass games are unplayable because it says I'm offline and need offline permissions on....

Discus and support Game pass games are unplayable because it says I'm offline and need offline permissions on.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; "You need to be online to open this on this device. To open this on this device when offline, go to the ‘Offline Permissions’ setting in the Store... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RafeMarshall, May 8, 2022.

  1. RafeMarshall
    RafeMarshall Guest

    Game pass games are unplayable because it says I'm offline and need offline permissions on....


    "You need to be online to open this on this device. To open this on this device when offline, go to the ‘Offline Permissions’ setting in the Store Settings page. You can change this setting the next time you go online."

    I'm typing this on the very same laptop i got the error on. Why is this happening, I'm not on scuffed hardware. It crashed a game while I was playing it and now I cant open any games. The App works fine but launching anything gives me the error. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. is there any simple fix for this?

    :)
     
    RafeMarshall, May 8, 2022
    #1
  2. OverseerList97 Win User

    Game pass games are unplayable because it says I'm offline and need offline permissions on. I'm online and offline permissions are on!

    The Xbox live servers have been having issues. I'm not sure how many people are being affected but I know me and my buddy have been having issues for the past few hours, but it's not just you if that's reassuring hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Game pass games are unplayable because it says I'm offline and need offline permissions on. I'm online and offline permissions are on!

    Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

    Hope you're doing great today RafeMarshall

    Right now the outage for Xbox Live services presented yesterday is still persisting due to lot of players are contacting us regarding the same.

    The best option for still waiting until Microsoft engineers and developers finally fix it. At the moment there is no ETA yet.

    You can double check status page here to keep you updated:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

    When everything is up and running again try launching your games

    [​IMG]
  4. SammyVS Win User

    Network Login Required

    I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

    The console requires an internet connection to play Game Pass games.

    On PC, you can be offline for up to 30 days but you need to turn on offline permissions in Microsoft Store and this doesn't work for all games.
  5. SammyVS Win User

    Forza Motorsport 7 not launching, giving the AP501 'D3D12 Support Required' error

    You can start the game offline but you need an account first and enable offline permissions in the Microsoft Store app on your Windows.

    Open the app, go to Microsoft Store settings and enable offline permissions.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

    Playing offline with Gamepass

    Quoted from the Game Pass Faqs. https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-pc-faq

    "Most games available in the Xbox Game Pass PC Games plan on your Windows 10 device support offline play but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported. Games from the Xbox Game Pass library can be played while the PC is offline, but for
    no more than 30 days before the PC must reconnect to the internet to verify an active subscription. Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing
    offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items, will not be available."

    Also,

    I've been having issues with the Xbox beta app for PC the past week. I've noticed that the Xbox and Windows Store apps keep changing the status of my subscription, which subscription I have, and it keeps disabling Offline Permissions by itself. Have you
    checked the Windows Store app to make sure Offline Permissions is enabled there on the device you use for Offline Play? This might be similar to what you're experiencing. On the Xbox app click your avatar and select feedback and submit this there too. We might
    need to get MS engineers on this.
Thema:

Game pass games are unplayable because it says I'm offline and need offline permissions on....

Loading...
  1. Game pass games are unplayable because it says I'm offline and need offline permissions on.... - Similar Threads - Game pass games

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...