Game Pass friends & family share

Discus and support Game Pass friends & family share in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Trying to setup Friends and family Game Pass share. It not working. The friend gets the invitation email, but when accepting they get the error that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BravestarrZA, May 28, 2023.

1. BravestarrZA
    BravestarrZA Guest

Trying to setup Friends and family Game Pass share. It not working. The friend gets the invitation email, but when accepting they get the error that the consoles is in different regions, but both consoles is on and in the same region.

:)

BravestarrZA, May 28, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

3 Xbox Consoles - 1 Family and they can't be played at the same time

Hi again.

I asked you if your daughters are playing through a single gamepass subscription because microsoft ended gamepass sharing for more than one console or xbox user to play at the same time with a single subscription.

"On August 15, 2023, the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family preview program will end as we review what we’ve learned over the past several months and investigate how to build an offer which we can launch worldwide."

That was the words from the xbox team about sharing game pass with friends and family to see more information about xbox game pass sharing with friends and family you can check it by the next link.

https://support.xbox.com/help/subsc...bscriptions/xbox-game-pass-friends-family-faq
  3. Tristan van Wyk Win User

Does Xbox Family pass only work on 2 consoles?

Hello Tristan, sorry to hear you're having trouble with Sharing.

I'm afraid the Friends & Family pass only shares access to the Game Pass and its features. If you're looking to share your purchased games then that is only possible via the Home setting on the console. Once an account is set as Home on a console then that accounts purchased games can be shared on that console without issue. Any other console would need to have the account that purchased the games logged in while others play.

You can read more about the differences between the two options via the links below.

Home Setting - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Friends & Family - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...
    Yes, we did not purchase any games and do not plan on sharing any purchased games. We bought the family and friends pass, and we want to play games that are on the Xbox Game Pass but we want to play these games on our separate consoles, using the 5 accounts and 5 separate consoles that we registered on the Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family. Only 2 of us are now able to access game pass on our separate consoles, whereas the other 3 are not able to connect to Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family even though we all subscribed using the link provided by the person who bought the Xbox Game Pass Family and Friends. All of us show up on the Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family but not all of us are able to access its features.
  4. Eletricdrum Win User

PC GAME PASS: How to play two instance of 1 game in two PC?

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to share Ultimate Game Pass on a PC.

You'll need the GAME PASS FRIENDS & FAMILY:

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-game-pass/frien...
  5. DeniqL Win User

Can't use my Game Pass on second computer

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

You can only share your subscription on console through the home Xbox feature. Adding someone to the family does not grant them access to your subscription.

An alternative would be the new game pass family & friends plan:

https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/friends-and...

(At this time, Game Pass Friends & Family is only available in Colombia, Chile, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, and Sweden.)
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Bravestarrza, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble to invite friends to your game pass family subscription

If you acquired the subscription today please try waiting a few more days before inviting your friends to join.

Meanwhile, please ask your friends to check if their accounts region are the same as the subscription, not only the console region needs to match
    They can check the region here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile
Thema:

1. Game Pass friends & family share - Similar Threads - Game Pass friends

2. Hi is there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi is there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have...: Hi i there way to play ark multiplayer if i have on xbox pc game pass and my friend have it on epic games a987ab19-1d63-4311-933f-3dbb21bf8d70
  3. Glitched game pass gift for a friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitched game pass gift for a friend.: Hello, I made a bad mistake of buying a gift for my friend (which is on my Xbox) on my computer which has the game pass (for pc) 3 months trial. We're game sharing and the game runs better on my...
  4. What caused "Keep 7+ friends / Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass" to disappear on both Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    What caused "Keep 7+ friends / Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass" to disappear on both Xbox...: For the past few days, I noticed both my Xbox app on cellphone and PC is missing "Keep 7+ friends / Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass", and I don't know the cause. This is the first time seeing it goes...
  5. Cant Refer A Friend [PC Game Pass]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Refer A Friend [PC Game Pass]: Me and my friend have played Sea of Thieves for quite a while and thought we would like to invite our 3rd friend and then saw the Refer a Friend. I have only had PC Game Pass for a couple of days,...
  6. When i try to play Gta online with friends, it trys to make me buy game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i try to play Gta online with friends, it trys to make me buy game pass ultimate: I am trying to play Gta Online with my friend. Im able to play online with random people and we both own gold, but whenever i try to join his game and vice versa, it trys to get us to buy game...
  7. I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...: I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me and I have no shares left is there a fix for this so I can get the game pass again...
  8. Ultimate gamepass subscriber. How do I refer a friend to PC game pass via web when the web...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Ultimate gamepass subscriber. How do I refer a friend to PC game pass via web when the web...: Hi. I have an issue where the refer a friend to PC gamepass site checks my credentials and tells me I'm not a gamepass subscriber. Therefore it won't let me referee a friend. Also the PC app has...
  9. If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??: Trying to send my friend funds for game pass through the Microsoft store. 927c4674-cad6-4433-86d2-048c38dc1319
  10. Is it possible for my friend to gift me Xbox game pass or Xbox game pass ultimate.????...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible for my friend to gift me Xbox game pass or Xbox game pass ultimate.????...: Thank you I need help!? My friend is asking me for a link but idk what to tell or send or show her … 3e5fc67b-d24a-4c79-b862-017e1bd7ab42