Game Pass for PC says I don't have enough free space when I do

Discus and support Game Pass for PC says I don't have enough free space when I do in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to install the Master Chief Collection- it says I need 137gb free. I have 251gb free on my C: drive, so I set it to install there. [img]... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EB1GA, Apr 24, 2023.

1. EB1GA
    EB1GA Guest

I'm trying to install the Master Chief Collection- it says I need 137gb free. I have 251gb free on my C: drive, so I set it to install there.

Game Pass for PC says I don't have enough free space when I do [​IMG]

It'll really quickly install a few small (10mb-50mb) things, and I'll get notifications saying various Halo games are ready to play.

Then it starts the main download, and it almost instantly errors out.

Game Pass for PC says I don't have enough free space when I do [​IMG]

Things I've tried already:
    Installing it to a spare HDD where I have ~700gb free, same issue.
    Changing my default install location to that HDD both in the Xbox app and Windows before attempting to install.
    Entirely reinstalling the Xbox app.
    Restarting my PC, multiple times.

I'm entirely out of ideas- I've been trying to solve this problem on and off for a few days now. I just wanted to play Halo.

If more screenshots/info would be helpful I'd be happy to provide them.

:)

EB1GA, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi EB1GA,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello EB1GA,

Thank you for your response and we appreciate for your patience.

We have found additional steps to fix the issue which is to force/manually start the Xbox related updates.

Go to Microsoft Store App > Download and Updates (top right corner) and manually start the updates with any app that calls out for Xbox or Gaming.

If still not works, then try a repair install of Windows without removing my files and programs.

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. EB1GA Win User

Hi, thanks for the response!
    I cancelled my gamepass a couple months ago, and only just got it again early this week. Since I got gamepass again I've not been able to download Halo MCC- I first tried that on Friday. I was previously able to download, install. and play MCC perfectly fine.

To be clear, other games are perfectly fine. I've installed several other titles- mostly smaller ones, but at least one was roughly the same size- with no issues.

I have:
    restarted my PC
    made sure windows is up to date
    made sure xbox and gaming services is up to date
    made sure I'm signed into the same account for windows and xbox
    and removed and reinstalled gaming services.

Nothing has helped, I still have the same problem.
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hi EB1GA,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you encountered problem in saving your Game Pass to your PC.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. When did the issue start?
    2. Was this working before?
    3. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

For the meantime, while waiting for your response try to follow the troubleshooting steps on this article Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support, and let us see if it works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Skeeter Quill Win User

Skyrim update says I don't have enough storage space, but I do

Hey there.

My friend had the same issue. He had to uninstall the game and re-download it. Hopefully you have a digital licence...
Thema:

1. Game Pass for PC says I don't have enough free space when I do - Similar Threads - Game Pass says

2. I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games: I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games what do I do in this situation? b947258f-e5fa-4992-bbf9-bff1ea0862b7
  3. Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.: I have an Xbox 1s, and when I try to put in my Star Wars Battlefront game disc to play multiplayer it says "Looks like you need to renew EA play. If your subscription is current, try quitting and...
  4. How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my GTA online it say I need premison but I got game pass and been reaching all...: My gta5 will not let me play it’s saying your profile needs promision to access gta online all day resherching and I can’t get it working ab258064-30d4-4c18-94f6-1198739b3e67
  5. I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant buy pc game pass, When ever iIty to buy pc game pass it just says I already own it...: I cant buy xbox pc game pass, probably becuase I previuosly had subscription "xbox game pass friends & family" untill March 2023. When ever i try to buy pc game pass it just says I already owned...
  6. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  7. if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...: if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza motorsport? or are they included free with the pass as long as i have the subscription?...
  8. I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but...: I have game pass paid as part of my phone contract but it's saying payment has failed but EE says it's gone through at there end any body know how to resolve this please...
  9. I have xbox game pass ultimate and when I load up rust it say couldn't connect to xbox live...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have xbox game pass ultimate and when I load up rust it say couldn't connect to xbox live...: I have no idea what to do it's not working I need some help please 1d949dcd-3a25-4da5-a379-e08a7617099c
  10. I can't purchass game pass when I put in my billing info it says error on our end try again

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't purchass game pass when I put in my billing info it says error on our end try again: When trying to purchass game pass it says error on our end try again and it won't let me make the purchass 4f902b3f-990a-4d48-8ede-b4d30c09302a