Game Pass Cloud/Family subscription options

Discus and support Game Pass Cloud/Family subscription options in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I have two children in my family, one playing on XBox and one on PC. I previously had Game Pass Ultimate on my account and everything was great. Both... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by AdmSteck, Jun 29, 2021.

1. AdmSteck
    AdmSteck Guest

I have two children in my family, one playing on XBox and one on PC. I previously had Game Pass Ultimate on my account and everything was great. Both kids could play on their devices and I was even trying out cloud gaming on my phone to play with them. Unfortunately, when my PC playing son got his own XBox, I had to move Game Pass to his account so both kids can still share Game Pass on their consoles. When I did, I lost the ability for me to use cloud gaming on my account and can no longer play with them. I would love to see some more options for Game Pass subscriptions, like:

Game Pass Ultimate Family

- Shares benefits with all family members.

- No need to worry about "home" devices on Xbox

- No need to sign into multiple accounts on PC

- Everyone can use cloud gaming

- Maybe even bundle a Minecraft Realms subscription so the family can play together?

Game Pass Cloud only
    - Cloud gaming, but no PC or Console.

- Lower cost than Ultimate

Also, the ability to 'own' games with cloud gaming, so you can continue playing in the cloud after a game leaves Game Pass.

:)

AdmSteck, Jun 29, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. Qeyxar Win User

Cloud gaming

TL;DR No.

For Cloud Gaming you need to have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription. You can not share it with your family or friends like you can do with other subscription benefits.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Game pass Ultimate - do I need multiple subscriptions for my children?

Cloud gaming is only available for the account that purchases the subscription. So if they want to use that, they would each need their own subscription.

You may have been part of the Game Pass Ultimate Friends and Family plan which would allow each account to be able to access cloud gaming, but that preview recently ended.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Why can't the Ultimate game pass be shared with family on PC?

I apologize for any frustration this may have caused. The reason why the Ultimate Game Pass cannot be shared with family on PC is because it is designed to be a single-user subscription. However, you can create a family group and add family members to it, and then purchase separate Game Pass subscriptions for each family member. This will allow each family member to have their own Game Pass subscription and access to the games on their own devices. I hope this helps!

However that is limited to perks and seperate PCs

You can sign in with the subscribed accounrlt in the xbox store and download said games but cloud is a subscriber perk only

The friends and family test.plan has been paused for now with a "possible" future release

Home.console.is only a console.feature
  6. John P_14 Win User

Can’t get Xbox kids accounts to be able to cloud game even though the cloud icon is present.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you need assistance with cloud gaming. Just to clarify, Xbox Family Group is not related to cloud gaming and is only used for managing family members' account restrictions. On an Xbox console, you can share your subscription with family members using the Home Xbox feature. However, please note that only the account that has the Game Pass Ultimate subscription will be able to access cloud gaming, as it is not shareable.
Thema:

1. Game Pass Cloud/Family subscription options - Similar Threads - Game Pass Cloud

2. Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 3 on game pass cloud problems: I just started playing Fallout 3 from the game pass cloud, all buttons are responding on my newer generation controller except LT and RT, do I need to use an older controller?...
  3. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  4. Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming via the Xbox game pass app iOS?: Is there any way cloud gaming is integrated into the game pass app for iOs for all the listed games?, tried playing certain games on the app using a backbone controller but it asks to install the...
  5. Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.: I bought an Xbox ultimate game pass, to play on my samsung TV, without the console. And I bought two xbox controllers with it. But when I try to play games like fifa and MK 11, it shows that the...
  6. Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game pass cloud gaming have such long wait times? This is getting ridiculous...: Tired of 15 to 20 minute wait times only a game on game pass. a98124cc-957e-4fc7-967e-0c1223cf79b5
  7. How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List?

in XboX Insiders
    How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List?: How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List? How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List? I'm trying to play 4 multiplayer...
  8. My Cloud gaming wait time is over 90 min, I paid for game pass for this to be convenient,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Cloud gaming wait time is over 90 min, I paid for game pass for this to be convenient,...: I'm trying to play a cloud gaming game but my wait time is going to be 90 minutes and I've waited through a full 90 minutes and all it said is it's taking longer than we expected and it went...
  9. Cloud gaming non-functional for The Long Dark via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming non-functional for The Long Dark via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox Series S: The Long Dark appears to be misrepresented as available for Cloud Gaming via Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox Series S. Selecting the cloud gaming option does not do anything other than briefly showing...
  10. Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming, does every family member need their own ultimate pass?: Hi! I have an Ultimate Pass, and I can play Cloud Gaming. My son wants to play Cloud Gaming. His account is set to the same home XBox as me. But his Online Gaming account still says he needs to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. share game pass cloud play

2. game pass family cloud