Game-pass card code redeemed to child's account but child can't purchase game pass

Discus and support Game-pass card code redeemed to child's account but child can't purchase game pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has just purchased 2 Xbox 1-month game pass cards. He redeemed the codes through his Xbox but they acted like a gift card rather than a game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RonnieLS, Nov 2, 2022.

1. RonnieLS
    RonnieLS Guest

Game-pass card code redeemed to child's account but child can't purchase game pass

My son has just purchased 2 Xbox 1-month game pass cards. He redeemed the codes through his Xbox but they acted like a gift card rather than a game pass, crediting the value of the cards to his Microsoft account. He's then gone to purchase a Game Pass subscription through his Xbox but it's not allowing him to because he's a child.

I've Googled how to transfer the balance from his Microsoft account to another Microsoft account (e.g. his dad's or my account) but it seems account transfers aren't doable.

In hindsight, had we twigged before redeeming it was working more like a gift card, not the game pass card it was purchased as, we should have redeemed the codes into an adult's Microsoft account but what's done is done.

Is there a workaround for this or has he effectively blown his dough, with the money sitting in his account unable to be used?

:)

RonnieLS, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate - you need an adult to buy this

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Laura, this message appears because your child's account is a child and it is not enable for purchases, in which case you can put your child's account in a Family and enable the purchase of the subscription for their account.

The other way to uprgrade from Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate would be to buy a 25-digit Game Pass Utimate card and redeem it in your child's account, so the time he has of Gold will convert to Ultimate.
  3. RonnieLS Win User

Sorry, just for the sake of accuracy, my son's Xbox is an Xbox One S.
  4. RonnieLS Win User

Hi Georges. Thanks for your reply.

My son's Xbox is an Xbox One.

Our Xbox Game Pass cards are green - different colour as we're in a different region (Australia/New Zealand) - and we've checked his location is set to the right region.

You don't have any other ideas/suggestions by any chance?

Kind regards,

5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello RonnieLS, when it says that the two cards were redeemed in the account but they entered as a balance, does your child have an Xbox One or Xbox 360?

If it's an Xbox 360 this will actually happen because the 360 doesn't have Game Pass compatibility.

And respect for transferring the balance from one Microsoft account to another account that's not possible, even if your child's account was an adult account.

In the process of having any mistakes, Game Pass subscription cards are like the ones in the image below.

[​IMG]
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, by its description although the different color it should enter as subscription.

As this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and neither your account, we can not check what happened at the time of the redemption of the code, the ideal in this case would be to contact xbox service via chat so that they can help you.
Thema:

1. Game-pass card code redeemed to child's account but child can't purchase game pass - Similar Threads - Game pass card

2. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  3. can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card: can i activate the game pass with a vanilla card 789dbc29-f77a-4c61-bf1f-9aac03b1c0de
  4. How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?: I have tried over and over to change the permissions on my account. The birthday was put in wrong. Every time I try to change it, I get an error. It will not send an approval request. It just...
  5. X box game pass doesn't accepting my card for making the payment for x box game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box game pass doesn't accepting my card for making the payment for x box game pass ultimate: X box game pass is not working efficiently in asus rog strike 15 as am using from the India. It doesn't accepting my card for making the payment for x box game pass ultimate. Please, respond to my...
  6. Paid for xbox game Pass but not showing up card was charged

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for xbox game Pass but not showing up card was charged: tried getting xbox game pass card was charged Yy cc1a764d-0c90-4b85-b94a-c37e593051e0
  7. My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023,

in XBoX on Windows
    My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023,: My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023. The subscription is tied to an *@outlook.com email that is and never was mine. I deleted the card out of...
  8. Upgrading a game pass gift card to ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgrading a game pass gift card to ultimate: My son was just given a 6 month game pass core subscription gift card that he entered into his Xbox 5 days ago. I upgraded him to a game pass ultimate subscription a day later and it is not taking...
  9. I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...: I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game pass is not activated on my subscription 9fbd7a25-7273-47ad-a43e-58f357085386
  10. My pc game pass says that I didn't pay and it has been payed and charged from my card what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pc game pass says that I didn't pay and it has been payed and charged from my card what...: My pc game pass says that I didn't pay and it has been payed and charged from my card what can i do 89469cac-025f-4c36-89c7-8cf615f076ba