Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation

Discus and support Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am unable to install any game from Game Pas that requires Administrator Approval for Installation. This was working fine until the last Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DarrenNoyce, Oct 17, 2020.

  1. DarrenNoyce
    DarrenNoyce Guest

    Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation


    I am unable to install any game from Game Pas that requires Administrator Approval for Installation. This was working fine until the last Windows 10 update and now I cant install anything. Does anyone know a way to get this working? My sign in account
    is an Administrator account.

    :)
     
    DarrenNoyce, Oct 17, 2020
    #1
  2. Scriptide Win User

    What games are Surface/ARM compatible?

    Hello, I am having the same frustrating error when trying to install Game Pass games. After doing some testing I noticed that I can install games that don't say "Administrator Approval required for installation". I think there is a bug where the app is failing to request administrator approval so it just errors and doesn't install the game.

    Games such as Sea of thieves or Broken age that don't require administrator approval install fine for me.
  3. Jabrwock Win User

    What games are Surface/ARM compatible?

    Hello, I am having the same frustrating error when trying to install Game Pass games. After doing some testing I noticed that I can install games that don't say "Administrator Approval required for installation". I think there is a bug where the app is failing to request administrator approval so it just errors and doesn't install the game.

    Games such as Sea of thieves or Broken age that don't require administrator approval install fine for me.
    Good to know, I'll keep an eye out for those! Yeah I have Sea of Thieves and Broken age successfully installed as well.
  4. BrittanyKilgore Win User

    Elders Scrolls 3 Morrowind crashed when I try to start it

    says administrator approval required for installation only game that says that
  5. Smwutches Win User

    administration approval required for installation??

    That game was removed from Game Pass recently. You'll need to purchase it if you want to continue playing it.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

    Administrator approval required for installation

    Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

    good morning

    "Microsoft has released an update to fix this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

    Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

    Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

    Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

    KB5004476

    Select Download and Install.

    When the update is complete, restart the device.

    You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

    Are you still in trouble?

    Try deleting the Game Services registry keys and reinstalling the Game Services app on your Windows 10 device:

    Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

    From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

    Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

    In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

    Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

    Restart the device.

    Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

    From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

    Install the application on this page and select Yes when prompted for User Account Control (CCU).

    Try installing or starting the game again."

    The problem started with this error, and there are several other errors, I advise you to try.

    microsoft original text:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/erro...
Thema:

Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation

Loading...
  1. Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation - Similar Threads - Game Pass Administrator

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...