Game not updating without having restarted Xbox/ 2 duplicates of the game

Discus and support Game not updating without having restarted Xbox/ 2 duplicates of the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently there was a minecraft update rolled out for 2 GB and as I tried to update it, the update wouldn't process. The update required screen also... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaCarbonator, Oct 7, 2022.

1. DaCarbonator
    DaCarbonator Guest

Recently there was a minecraft update rolled out for 2 GB and as I tried to update it, the update wouldn't process. The update required screen also shows that the update is 0KB, meaning it would start the glitch. After restarting my xbox, I see the update percentage went up. This only happens when the Xbox has been restarted. Now that this happens, there are 2 minecraft game icons that appear on my Games and App tab. I have tried to uninstall the game but it wouldn't let me do so. Is there any way around this or must be factory reset?

:)

DaCarbonator, Oct 7, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

duplicate gamerscore trouble

hard reset the console and then load the game again, the duplicate will most likely me the local cache, just needs a restart to sort it, i have had this with BC games.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Streetfighter x tekken ?

Please refrain from creating duplicate threads. You already have 2 previous threads for this game.
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Mass Effect 3 appears doubled in the achievements app

Hey, Thiago!

Checking up on this, it looks like this has been resolved for the Mass Effect games. I can still see that Gears of War 2 is duplicating, along with Tales from the Borderlands on Xbox 360. I'll keep you updated on those once I have updates. Thank you so much
    for your patience while we look into this!
  6. Maldito Tito Win User

XBOX SERIES X BATTLEFIELD 2042 crashing

Hello Kathy A.,

I know I'm not HomelessHippo69 but I am also having the exact same issue and I wanted to answer your questions. I also have the Xbox Series X and am playing the Series X version of BF2042

1. The game crashes and/or restarts the xbox within around 15 minutes of playing the multiplayer game. It usually starts by just crashing the game but as I keep re-entering the game and play the crashing eventually turns into a full on shut off and restart of the console. I rarely can even finish a full round without crashing/restart of Xbox. The game seems to crash and/or restart my console in a shorter time period than usual when playing the game with friends. This is only happening when I play Battlefield 2042. Also,
    2. I have the Xbox Series X|S version installed
    3. The game is running off the internal drive.
    4. I will submit a bug report.
    5. There are no game updates to install. There was a season 2 game update that happened earlier this week but this issue was happening even before the new update released.
Thema:

1. Game not updating without having restarted Xbox/ 2 duplicates of the game - Similar Threads - Game updating without

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  4. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  5. When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...: Why do my games download so slow? Other devices on my internet download at 200-300mbps * Moved from Community Center 606f93d9-f957-4abd-b363-5c7f393fde2a
  6. Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update

in XboX Insiders
    Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update: I updated the Xbox game pass app and now every time i launch the app it just keeps saying i need to update the app its already updated any ideas please submitted by /u/Suspicious_Coach_233...
  7. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  8. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  9. New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in: Xbox App for windows recently updated and now I cant hear or talk in a party. App had me update to version 2311.1001.7.0 and now i cannot hear my friends in a party or talk to them properly. I am...
  10. Xbox App on PC not Showing games and is checking for updates without every updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on PC not Showing games and is checking for updates without every updating: Hi, I recently tried to download a game then tried to put a second game in the que to be downloaded and after doing so the few games I already had installed and all the ones I was trying to when...