Game not Autosaving is there a manual save?

Discus and support Game not Autosaving is there a manual save? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My daughter has created several worlds but every time she exits her world isn't saved. Everything I've read is that the autosave should save... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MalibuBarbie68, Jan 4, 2015.

  1. Game not Autosaving is there a manual save?


    My daughter has created several worlds but every time she exits her world isn't saved. Everything I've read is that the autosave should save everything as she goes along. Then I've read people talking about manually saving but for the life of me I can't
    find a manual save. Can anyone walk me through this please?

    :)
     
    MalibuBarbie68, Jan 4, 2015
    #1
  2. question about controls and menu

    That's likely because the game is autosaving there, but it does happen without autosaving too.

    .

    A little annoying but no worries : )
     
    ChainSmokingBob, Jan 4, 2015
    #2
  3. cfos
    cfos Guest
    skyrim slow when checking items or looking in chest

    Is your game "Autosaving" (upper right corner) when slowing? I've turned off some Autosaving option and had a slight increase in speed.
     
    cfos, Jan 4, 2015
    #3
  4. Game not Autosaving is there a manual save?

    Try turning off auto save then the option will change to save game it will also turn auto save back on.
     
    Isolated Fear, Jan 5, 2015
    #4
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

    Lost game save data on the Witcher 3.

    There are 8 manual slots to save your progress thru the game and numerous autosave and checkpoints that save as you complete the current quest. I have autosave set for 5 minutes but after I have completed a quest I use manual save and then delete all the autosaves and checkpoints that are time stamped older than the manual save. You don't need to keep autosaves and checkpoints after you manual save.

    If you get a message about "no room to save" the reserved space for game saves that's created when the game is installed has been filled up with autosaves and checkpoints and they should be deleted.
  6. Isolated Fear Win User

    Game not Autosaving is there a manual save?

    Try turning off auto save then the option will change to save game it will also turn auto save back on.
  7. Daniel6591 Win User

    A warning for new players :(

    I always manual save and based off the autosave in this game, i am making a good decision. Does autosave in this game not work?
  8. WolfiesDen360 Win User

    I could CRY!

    The game autosaves and only cycles through THREE saves with the prefix "AUTO" in the load game list. Each time it autosaves, it overwrites the oldest autosave so you always have your last three save points.

    All the numbered ones will be your manual saves. You should manually save often as well as letting the autosave feature work for you as well.

    When switching characters, you should manually save. Then go into the load menu and note the number of the save so you can find it easily.

    Honestly their save game organization has never been very good. I wish it listed them by character if you have more than one so you could easily choose which to play and that the autosaves were character specific.
  9. Fortified Brad Win User

    wont save new, only overwrites

    Yeah, all the game saves are very unique. I only have 2, manual save and autosave. Only 1 character.
Thema:

Game not Autosaving is there a manual save?

Loading...
  1. Game not Autosaving is there a manual save? - Similar Threads - Game Autosaving manual

  2. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  3. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  4. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  5. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  6. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  7. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  8. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  9. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  10. Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.: Why is Starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I keep my saves low, so what gives? d2d4d936-67ca-4a9c-ad32-5c8076b544e0