Game no longer loads

Discus and support Game no longer loads in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When placing disk into the console the game does not load. But defaults to the home screen. Any reasons why? aee1fa7b-7748-434f-98a4-df4b0ef42836 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lord Victory 63, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Game no longer loads

When placing disk into the console the game does not load. But defaults to the home screen. Any reasons why?

:)

Lord Victory 63, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Game no longer Loads

If you're still experiencing this problem, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Sorry!

ArkadiumSupport, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Game no longer loads

I'm seeing the same in several games. Any suggestions?

Oren Melzer [MSFT], Jan 5, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

Game no longer loads

You can make it load via an option in the settings. I turned mine off.

CMUchippewa, Jan 10, 2014
  5. Phreak61
    Phreak61 Guest
    I have the same problem... If you mean that when trying to play any game, including installed ones, it "errors out" (with no actual error) and takes you back to the home screen! I found some where else... that if you hold the power "button" for 10 seconds
    it does a hard boot and flushes the ram. This worked for me and I have had the issue twice. FYI I had to hit the power button twice to get it to come back on... so don't get worried!

Phreak61, Apr 19, 2014
  6. Turn off the instant on mode in the power and start up settings. Make sure when you are switching games you are actually quitting the game disc you are playing. Then eject. Then put your prior disc into its package then insert the disc you want to play.
    Hope this helps!

TweakyBaton7761, Apr 19, 2014
  7. Woohoo the power button tip worked. thanks

broony-BF681833-83D4-44B8-A451-7B1F03619C14, Oct 31, 2018
  8. AlexMcWhinnie Win User

games will no longer load

fixed the offline problem, still have the 1st problem. still not loading when it drops out the app is closed
  9. jediknightanon Win User

Hey there AlexMcWhinnie, have you tried a full power cycle? I would also make sure to check that your xbox is set to your home xbox on
    your account.
  10. AlexMcWhinnie Win User

nope nothing when loading ark or gears of war. when i tried to play state of decay it would say i was not the correct user. Did all those troubleshoot things last night, no luck
  11. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there, AlexMcWhinnie

Please can you tell me if you get an error when your trying to install the game?

Can you go to https://account.microsoft.com and sign into your account. Then navigate to Service and Subscriptions.

Is the Game pass subscription still active?

Regards,
  12. SwiftHome Win User

Game no longer Loads

I have the most updated version of the app as of today, but when I open the app it just hangs at the purple start screen with the white dots spinning in circles. It worked as of yesterday morning but all yesterday afternoon and today it has been broken.
Thema:

Game no longer loads

1. Game no longer loads - Similar Threads - Game longer loads

2. Xbox game bar no longer works

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar no longer works: Within the last few days Xbox game bar no longer works properly. I can open it with Win "G"; however, it doesn't display my friends list or even have a sign in option anymore. it lets me use...
  3. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  4. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  5. Game no longer in Library after switching to a new PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game no longer in Library after switching to a new PC: Hello all, about one year ago, I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator and activated it. Played a lot even over the year, and even bough some hardware for it, even though my PC was rather at the...
  6. if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i get achievements from 360 games on a 360 console that the one no longer supports, will...: i was just wondering this because there's some older games i wanna try but i thought i should ask before i bought a 360 728d4be7-55ba-429d-a1a0-638b574d3fe0
  7. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  8. After moving a game from external storage to internal, my Xbox will no longer load it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After moving a game from external storage to internal, my Xbox will no longer load it: I've been having issues with games on my external storage freezing lately, so I thought I'd test out moving one back to internal to see if it would stop the freezing, and instead my Xbox just...
  9. why is Forza horizon one that was a game with gold no longer doan load able

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is Forza horizon one that was a game with gold no longer doan load able: just asking tried to find it in my history when I get to it down load history freezes sends me back to the top can't for the life of me re down load it to my 360 that I just got to play all my...
  10. No longer able to save game or load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No longer able to save game or load: Last night i was playing Fo4, when the game froze. I waited a little while and even though the xbox worked the game stayed frozen. So i restarted the xbox.. Today i started the game as normal and...