Game latency

Discus and support Game latency in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Despite my CPU utilization being at only 21 percent, RAM at 61 percent, and GPU temperature at 57 degrees Celsius, I am experiencing significant lag in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cecelia Gaeden, May 25, 2023.

1. Game latency

Despite my CPU utilization being at only 21 percent, RAM at 61 percent, and GPU temperature at 57 degrees Celsius, I am experiencing significant lag in the game Genshin Impact. It is worth noting that I recently performed a manual installation of Windows after formatting my PC. Prior to this, the game ran smoothly or at least was playable. I am seeking assistance in identifying the underlying issue causing this problem.

:)

Cecelia Gaeden, May 25, 2023
  2. Campo Win User

Confirmation that there IS a FAULT on UK/European Server

The dashboard latency test is meaningless. It has nothing to do with your gaming experience. You will not be playing games connected to the latency test server.

The Xbox does not control your latency. Latency is purely determined by the location of the game server you are connecting to, and the route it takes to get there.

Try to play on servers in your own region if you are worried about latency.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

XBOX ONE X UPLOAD SPEED SLOW

You spoken about latency in your connection, but all form of latency is an issue when you play online, also TV latency.

If you have a relatively new TV with Game Mode enabled, your TV will have an average of 15-25ms but old TV without specific Game Mode, sometime have over 80ms of latency... and you must consider also this, not only internet latency.
  4. taidara Win User

XBOX ONE X UPLOAD SPEED SLOW

You spoken about latency in your connection, but all form of latency is an issue when you play online, also TV latency.

If you have a relatively new TV with Game Mode enabled, your TV will have an average of 15-25ms but old TV without specific Game Mode, sometime have over 80ms of latency... and you must consider also this, not only internet latency.
    Please keep on topic.
  5. Cecelia Gaeden Win User

Game latency

Oh! Thanks for letting me know.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Game latency

Thema:

Game latency

1. Game latency - Similar Threads - Game latency

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  4. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does having my console plugged into a power strip affect latency and 4k gaming at 60hz?: I recently connected my Xbox series s to a power strip along with my tv and I notice that the hazard icon appears telling me that if I have av/or other connection between my television and console...
  7. Latency and Lag in Xbox cloud Gaming ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Latency and Lag in Xbox cloud Gaming ?: Hello , I am using i3 , 4gb Ram , intel HD graphics 4000 and I previously used xbox cloud gaming on it and there was no issue but now there is alot of latency and lags so it's not playable the...
  8. Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the Xbox series x at a disadvantage when it comes down to latency in game compared to...: Are the Xbox series consoles at a disadvantage when it comes to latency to the game servers. I see the ps5 has a WiFi 6e chipset integrated. Just curious I've been stuck playing warzone and...
  9. Latency lag during games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency lag during games: Hello, to set the scene. I have an Xbox series X and xfinity wifi. I had a technician come out today to test internet speeds, modem connection, etc. everything is working up to 800mb/s and they...
  10. Input latency on every game online and offline tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input latency on every game online and offline tried everything: I’ve been having input lag, a delay around a half a second in all my inputs on every game and in the menus. This issue crazily happens on multiple consoles as I purchased another to see if it...