Game lagging in intervals during gaming

Discus and support Game lagging in intervals during gaming in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop that I "game" on. Whenever it isn't fully charged AND charging, it always has lag spikes e.g. Im at 60 fps and every... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ItsMeGreenTea, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Game lagging in intervals during gaming

Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop that I "game" on. Whenever it isn't fully charged AND charging, it always has lag spikes e.g. Im at 60 fps and every 50 seconds it goes to 10 fps for about 5 seconds, making my game really laggy really frequently. This includes when I am charging but not at 100% charge and when I am not charging. I have updated drivers and everything but it ALWAYS lags when im not 100% charged AND charging while playing.

I was wondering if I could make my laptop stop doing that. This chart has some info:
    Game lagging in intervals during gaming [​IMG]

:)

ItsMeGreenTea, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, when it comes to games like Roblox, Fortnite etc i online games in question it is harder to keep the FPS constant, why the whole system will try to compensate for some sending information to the games, so in such cases it is harder to know where is the bottleneck that makes the FPS fall.
  3. ItsMeGreenTea Win User

I don't really play any other games on this laptop other than Roblox and it happens all the time on Roblox in those specific cases. Also about memory consumption, I have Razer Cortex running and I set it to stop all of the processes that I don't need while gaming.

For the Windows version, I have the latest Windows 10 21H2. The oscillating performance during gaming has happened for the whole 2 years that I have owned this laptop. The same problem still occurred even when I got Windows 11 but I decided to go back to Windows 10.

I know that this laptop isn't really meant for gaming but im sure that it should be able to run Roblox at a consistent FPS, even if it is 40 FPS instead of oscillating from 60 FPS to 10 FPS.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ItsMeGreenTea, lags can occur for two reasons, network and processing, in this case the FPS is oscillating, this happens in all games, or only in some specific?

Try to make sure you have Windows up to date for the latest version with optional updates installed, including Companion Apps, and Xbox.

Also check which programs are running in the background, sometimes programs like anti-virus, anti-spyware can pick up for it memory consumption and processing harming your gaming experience.

See which version of Windows you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...
  5. x RaMb0 4 L1F3 Win User

Black Ops 1 backwards compatibility: Lag spikes

Hmm, not for me. My lag occurs on every Backwards Compatible disc game on literal 15 minute intervals, and this has been happening for multiple weeks in row now.
  6. x RaMb0 4 L1F3 Win User

Black Ops 1 backwards compatibility: Lag spikes

Hells Bill, I've recently noticed that my backwards compatible games which I own on disc have a problem where the game lags on 15 minute intervals. If you have a digital copy, then you may experiencing a different problem. Next time take out a stopwatch
    and see how often the lag comes.
Thema:

1. Game lagging in intervals during gaming - Similar Threads - Game lagging intervals

2. Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i recive all these lag issues only in online games?: I recently purchased a TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter and installed it correctly on my system. However, I am experiencing consistent packet loss and high latency issues while playing games. What's...
  3. Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad: Every time I clip something when I’m playing any game, I ALWAYS lag so bad (my controller disconnects while there is a charger connected to it) and I am so annoyed by it I might switch to...
  4. Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming: I recently got a controller and decided to try out xbox cloud gaming. I fired up No Man's Sky but I got MASSIVE input lag, like, easily 15 seconds of delay. Strangely enough, I don't have this...
  5. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  6. bought logitech cloud. xbox cloud games all lag unless i pay more for something that i have...

in XboX Insiders
    bought logitech cloud. xbox cloud games all lag unless i pay more for something that i have...: bought the best cloud there is added another 1TB just because. both pc and xbox one most expensive packages. i have steam and omen too but Xbox cloud is the only one where it seems no cloud game...
  7. 20 min into playing games i statt having lag. I've tried 4 diff controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    20 min into playing games i statt having lag. I've tried 4 diff controllers.: I've tried changing the HDMI cord I tried four different controllers I've tried resetting my Xbox I reseted the game sometimes turning my controller off and on works sometimes it does not....
  8. I don't know what is causing random lag on my PC when gaming.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know what is causing random lag on my PC when gaming.: Since mid January I have been having a problem with my internet connection while gaming or watching videos. It is only happening to my PC and there is absolutely no issues on other devices...
  9. Gaming Lagging after System Reset

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming Lagging after System Reset: I recently factory reset my computer and windows. Prior to this reset I was able to run games at 120+ fps with almost no issues other than the occasional blue screen. Now however, my games run...
  10. games suddenly started lagging and youtube scroll is very laggy just like the display is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    games suddenly started lagging and youtube scroll is very laggy just like the display is...: So, i bought this Lenovo S145 3 years ago and it was running really well, i installed an 8gb ram and an ssd on this laptop, everything was buttery smooth until one day the laptop suddenly started...