Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard...

Discus and support Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game is Control. I thought I was reinstalling the game only, and now my save file is half as big as it should be and New Game is the only option in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BloodngunsMrphy, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard...

Game is Control.

I thought I was reinstalling the game only, and now my save file is half as big as it should be and New Game is the only option in the game menu.

I'm not stupid when it comes to technology. If I actually deleted *everything*, both the layout and lack of clear, informative warning are MASSIVE FLAWS.

Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard... [​IMG]

Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard... [​IMG]

:)

BloodngunsMrphy, Jul 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard enough, thought I had to reinstall entire game. Did that and now 20+ hr save file is gone

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Is this the control X/S version or the Xbox One version?
    Could be nice if you double check the other version in case you have both versions of the game to see if the saved progress is on the other.

If not, sadly there is not much to do
    If the cloud saves doesn't appears, that means it was deleted
  3. Kathy A. Win User

MK11 dlc closing the game

Hi marcos josenascimento carvalho,

Thanks for the update.

Can I confirm if you install the game and launch it, will it crash (close)?

When you install one DLC and launched the game, will it crash?

When you install another DLC (2 DLCs) did the game crash?

We'd like to know that the game is working fine without the DLC. Then, the cause of the issue is not one of those DLC you installed.

We look forward for your update.

Regards,
  4. toonarmy206 Win User

Installing Game On Hard Drive!

[quote user="Lofty Who"]

Any luck yet Blaydon?

Didn't know what else to suggest after what I originally said.

[/quote]

Just got it installed there mate, used one of those disk cleaners and kept offline and it installed although it stuck on 8% for a minute and I was sure it would stop but it kept chugging along Lol!

Do games actually play any different when installed to hard drive like with crashing and freezing etc..?

Cheers for the advice :)
  5. Dacxx-5C3D5282-714E- Win User

Mass Effect 2 has suddenly died!

Hi. I did try moving the save files (one maleshep, one femshep) onto an Xbox memory card and then unplugged it to try loading the game without said files, but it still crashed. After re-downloading the DLC didn't work, I also moved all DLC to an external
    drive I use for backing up saves. Essentially so there where no ME2 files remaining on my hard drive so I could try booting the game without any associated files, but again that didn't seem to make a difference. I've also tried clearing the cache.
  6. sparklefingers Win User

A world of Keflings DLC

yeah it was crashing. even after re installing both the game and dlc. i moved it to a usb and got it to work... i naughtily started it at work :p lol
Thema:

Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard...

1. Game kept crashing while playing DLC. Decided to re-install said DLC, didn't look hard... - Similar Threads - Game kept crashing

2. Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??: Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself?? I have a GM600 (Ant E-sports) Is there any way to do it..? b9b26253-936c-4233-8232-cbb9b3758fd3
  3. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  4. I reset my console and kept my apps and games and now it wants me to use my controller and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I reset my console and kept my apps and games and now it wants me to use my controller and...: Need help setting up my xbox one s with out a controller and only having a media remote. I reset my console and kept apps and games and now it wants me to use a controller which I don't have and...
  5. Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix Xbox App Not Recognizing Games Library on D: Drive After PC Reset (Kept Personal Data): Hi Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking assistance with an issue that arose after resetting my Windows 11 PC, utilizing the "keep personal data" option....
  6. i got a refund for game that kept asking me to purchase it now it appears in my owned games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i got a refund for game that kept asking me to purchase it now it appears in my owned games...: i bought twice reborna vampire visual novel on the 9th of march it kept asking me to buy it but i got the refund for the game because i couldnt play it but now it appears in my owned games in my...
  7. I sent my Series X in for service. It kept crashing every time I tried starting a game. Can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent my Series X in for service. It kept crashing every time I tried starting a game. Can...: I sent my Series X in for service. It kept crashing every time I tried starting a game. Can you tell me how long it is currently taking for services? And why my Xbox was doing that?...
  8. My Xbox crashed an entire Game because it kept disconnecting from Xbox live/the wifi...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox crashed an entire Game because it kept disconnecting from Xbox live/the wifi...: I wish i was joking but my Xbox keeps disconnecting me from Xbox live and the wifi is fine everywhere else and it's just the Xbox it disconnected from when it happens,it gives games big lag spikes...
  9. Missed out on a Xbox live free game cause the store kept crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missed out on a Xbox live free game cause the store kept crashing: I missed out on getting the tom clansey game because the store kept on crashing. eb45f84d-d562-4b56-b4c3-ee3e864a4f97
  10. Kept getting bumped off live when started game up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kept getting bumped off live when started game up: Got bumped off live every time I tried to play destiny. I chatted with microsoft, the girl told me that some of my files were corrupted on my hard drive so I deleted those. She said the update...