Game keeps disconnecting and saying, "disconnected from xbox live"

Discus and support Game keeps disconnecting and saying, "disconnected from xbox live" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an xbox series x but whenever i try a game, around 2 minutes in, it disconnects me and tells me that I "disconnected from xbox live". It is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jackstonhart, Mar 6, 2021.

1. jackstonhart
    jackstonhart Guest

I have an xbox series x but whenever i try a game, around 2 minutes in, it disconnects me and tells me that I "disconnected from xbox live". It is basically impossible to play a single game without getting disconnected. The only games I have played so far are: Rocket League, COD Cold War, Overwatch and Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare and I got disconnected in all of them. The only game I want to play is Overwatch but i cannot play a full game. Please tell me a way to fix this.

:)

jackstonhart, Mar 6, 2021
  2. RobertBuckalew Win User

New software is virtually unusable

Are you saying you keep disconnecting from xbox live ?
  3. jackstonhart Win User

Hello

We have tested this for 7 days week via a cabled network connection and it has not disconnected from from xbox live at all.

We have now put the Xbox back on wifi and it disconnected 7 times in 1 hour.

So with these facts and with us trying all you told us in your 1st email and still having these problems when on wifi we suspect the xbox has a faulty wifi card.

So please can you send us instructions of how to get the faulty xbox exchanged.

Thanks
  4. jackstonhart Win User

Hello

Thanks for your help.

This morning I tried all of your suggestions seeing if each one would work before moving to the next one. Each time I tried to play I have the same problem as detailed originally. I felt sure the "Reset and Keep my games" option may work but I can confirm that also did not.

Please can you advise what I am to do.

Thanks
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @jackstonhart, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. GeorgeWilkinson4 Win User

Minecraft account disconnected issue

With mine, id be playing Minecraft on a world with friends. And every so often, my xbox live would disconnect and therfore kick all from the game, disconnect me from the wifi. It may then reconnect itself.

Now, my xbox profile keeps disconnecting from xbox live with any game or just on dashboard.
Thema:

1. Game keeps disconnecting and saying, "disconnected from xbox live" - Similar Threads - Game keeps disconnecting

2. Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?: I recently bought a Xbox series 2 controller 2 weeks ago or so and have had no problems since this last week it keeps “disconnecting” but the light don’t turn off and I can use my Xbox menu and go...
  3. Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call: I am actually shocked that a trillion dollar company could be crooks and hire such intentionally incompetent people. I bought Kinect Sports Rivals in 2021 to ensure I have a game to play using the...
  4. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  5. Controller and game drive keeps disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller and game drive keeps disconnecting: So recently I’ve brought the series x and my controller and game drive will random disconnect and sometimes not even restarting the Xbox or shutting it down doesn’t work is there any way to fix...
  6. Cloud Gaming keeps Disconnecting from Session on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming keeps Disconnecting from Session on Xbox One: Hello. So I am having an issue with cloud gaming. I was playing Starfield on my xbox one via cloud play and it randomly disconnected me from the game. I tried to launch the game and it keeps...
  7. Why does my 360 games on Xbox one keep disconnecting me from Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my 360 games on Xbox one keep disconnecting me from Xbox live: When play a 360 game online for about 15 minutes on my Xbox one it disconnects from Xbox live f3bd5ab3-f17b-4a07-860e-aff2d2617801
  8. xbox series X keeps disconnecting in the middle of games and im connected to ethernet , I...

in XboX Insiders
    xbox series X keeps disconnecting in the middle of games and im connected to ethernet , I...: Help submitted by /u/Hot_Bag1051 [link] [comments]
  9. Keeps disconnecting me mid game but my other console the series is that my misses is on is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keeps disconnecting me mid game but my other console the series is that my misses is on is...: Keeps disconnecting me mid game but my other console the series is that my misses is on is fine why does my series x disconect, we on same wifi so it's not the wifi it's done this twice in one...
  10. Why does my system keep disconnecting from Xbox live every time I load a older game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my system keep disconnecting from Xbox live every time I load a older game?: I download any older Xbox 360 game and as it load it’s said disconnected from Xbox live. Why? 429fe621-4e08-4362-b586-37a340a5132e