Game installation stops on Series S after July update

Discus and support Game installation stops on Series S after July update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased the Series S in June '22 and didn't have any issues in terms of downloading games till July. After the July update, I started experiencing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pramit Ghosh, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Pramit Ghosh
    Pramit Ghosh Guest

I purchased the Series S in June '22 and didn't have any issues in terms of downloading games till July. After the July update, I started experiencing the issue, games stop downloading/ Installing at certain poiints or speed slows down to a crawl (below 1 Mbps), however smaller games install fine with satisfactory speed. I have tried all the troubleshooting there is, contacted xbox experts but nothing helped. There is no statement from Microsoft's end either which adds to the frustration. A product will only last if it has a good support service model which in turn helps to build trust within the user base. Clearly, Microsoft is losing the game here, with the experience that Microsoft has in network and software this is absolutely unexpected and pathetic.

P.S.- I have never experienced anything like this on any gaming hardware ever. (PC,Playstation and Nintendo user)

:)

Pramit Ghosh, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I'm sorry for the trouble, Pramit. Have you already tried to perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

Also, do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? A corrupted hard drive may cause these issues as well.
  3. Francia J. Win User

I'm sorry to know that. Would it be okay if you try a different network connection and let me know if the installation will still stop?
  4. Pramit Ghosh Win User

Hi Francia,

Yes, I have already tried an extended powercycle as well as router reset and it didn't fix the issue. Also, I don't have any external hard drive plugged into my console FYI.
  5. saitama punch97 Win User

I have the same problem here I tried to download it over another network still happening currently trying to upgrade cyberpunk 2077 to the Xbox SX version and installing guardians of the Galaxy over game pass i have an installation stopped I installed elden ring no problem I updated Apex no problem and install rocket League and upgraded rouge company with no problem it's happening to some games I don't know what are exactly
  6. Pramit Ghosh Win User

Tried both but didn't fix the issue
Thema:

1. Game installation stops on Series S after July update - Similar Threads - Game installation stops

2. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  3. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  4. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  5. My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games do not download they don’t even start and they say installation stopped, these...: So I got a new Xbox series s for Christmas and 1 out of the 5 games I have tried to transfer from my Xbox one to my new one and now the other 4 won’t even start downloading...
  6. Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console: Just got a new console, and finished transferring my data to my series x, but now whenever i try to install something from the old console it just buffers for a bit and then says "installation...
  7. Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?: [mod removed - personal information] 2f3488e0-88b5-47a4-9fc8-d95fe203566f
  8. Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.: Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game. Everytime I try to download the game it stops before even installing at all and gives me the installation stopped...
  9. Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game say installation stopped and won’t let me install it even though I’ve been...: I try to install the game on my Xbox and everytime I try to install the game it just says installation stopped with out it showing the mbps or anything else it just shows loading and that’s always...
  10. Game installation stops at 0 percent and won’t install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installation stops at 0 percent and won’t install: Whenever I try to install my game, it keeps saying “installation stopped” and won’t let me install the game. Any help would be appreciated, thank you 3d329530-453d-4ad8-a716-e7acab45ca95