Game Gifted To PC account wont install after Redeeming code

Discus and support Game Gifted To PC account wont install after Redeeming code in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I gifted Sea of Thieves from my account(Xbox One X) to a friend of mine(PC). They were able to redeem the game code, and it shows that the code was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HavenRelic, Nov 22, 2021.

1. HavenRelic
    HavenRelic Guest

I gifted Sea of Thieves from my account(Xbox One X) to a friend of mine(PC). They were able to redeem the game code, and it shows that the code was redeemed on my account billing history, however when they go to download the game the the PC app it claims that they do not own it and cannot download. Whenever they try to re-redeem the code it also says it has already been redeemed. Does anybody have any suggestions on how they can get the permissions to download the game, or how I can get a refund for the gifted game?

Thank you

:)

HavenRelic, Nov 22, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

These steps can help you, give it a try.

Check for updates on Windows Update, update everything including optional/additional updates.

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app in the Windows menu, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Open the Microsoft Store app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner>downloads updates>get updates and update everything.

5. Restart your PC, log in to both apps and see if that solves the problem.

Make sure you are logged into the Xbox app and Microsoft Store with the account that used the code and also try downloading the game through the Microsoft Store app on your Windows.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

i redeemed a gift code and it wouldn't let me download it and i can't redeem it again

i redeemed an xbox gift code on microsoft, i redeemed it sucessfully but it wouldn't download.

I have tried to fix the problem but made it worse as now i can't see it download and i can't find it on my PC anymore. I tried to redeem it again and it wont let me.
    What is the game? Also was the code for the Xbox or PC version of the game. Asking because redeeming a code for the Xbox version of a game wont necessarily give you the PC version unless the game is a play anywhere title.
  4. Smwutches Win User

How do I install Minecraft on pc if someone gifted me it from Xbox,

If they gifted you the Xbox version of the game, you won't be able to install it and your friend would need to request a refund.

If they gifted you the PC version, you can redeem the code at http://redeem.microsoft.com and install it through the Microsoft Store app.
  5. sandw3ll Win User

I bought hogwarts legacy deluxe edition of cd keys

Hey Tom,

I recommend redeeming your code on a PC using the Xbox App (Settings>Account>Redeem a code). Alternatively you can go to Microsoft account | Redeem your code or gift card and redeem your code there.

After redeeming, check back on your console after a few minutes to see if it is available in your library.

I hope this works!

Regards,

6. Georges C. Win User

xbox game pass code

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Fadel, If the code belongs to the same region as your account, try redeeming the code on another device such as a PC, or your mobile phone.

How to redeem gift cards and codes

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/subscriptio...

If after these attempts you can't redeem your code, it would be best to contact Xbox Customer Service so they can help you.
Thema:

1. Game Gifted To PC account wont install after Redeeming code - Similar Threads - Game Gifted account

2. I was gifted a game bundle but, upon redemption, one wasn't added to my account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was gifted a game bundle but, upon redemption, one wasn't added to my account.: My girlfriend gifted me the Two Point bundle that was on sale until this morning, which includes both Two Point Campus and Two Point Hospital. I redeemed the code, adding them to my account, but...
  3. Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...: Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to my brothers account in uk? Game for Xbox one not yet downloaded 42f0f300-aa7d-428c-9a09-6ab666cced25
  4. How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?: I have tried over and over to change the permissions on my account. The birthday was put in wrong. Every time I try to change it, I get an error. It will not send an approval request. It just...
  5. Can minecoin gift cards be redeemed to your Microsoft account and applied to a PS4/5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can minecoin gift cards be redeemed to your Microsoft account and applied to a PS4/5 game?: My sone received 3500 minecoins on a gift card fir his birthday. Minecraft is on our PS5 and I cannot link the accounts to download the purchase to use in the game. Any advice?...
  6. game gifted from my account without consent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game gifted from my account without consent: I have a Microsoft account that i use for my office 365,a game was gifted from my account with out consent ? is there anything i can do ?? i have changed my password and nothing else appears to...
  7. I’ve added a gift card to my account but when I go to purchase a game it doesn’t let me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve added a gift card to my account but when I go to purchase a game it doesn’t let me...: I’ve added a gift card to my Xbox account. When I’ve gone to buy a game with it the funds do not appear. Why is this? d959cc79-750d-4844-b5be-de7b5848afc9
  8. If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...

in XboX Insiders
    If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...: Sorry if my question isn't precise, a friend wants to give me an Xbox game directly with the "buy as gift" option. This will give me the game with a code but once downloaded will he also have...
  9. I accidentally redeemed an xbox game pass ultimate gift card for the wrong account. What...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally redeemed an xbox game pass ultimate gift card for the wrong account. What...: I don't have an xbox, and i got ultimate because of the cloud gaming feature. 260a265d-8864-4342-8940-37a840c96d3e
  10. Can I switch or gift an already purchased game to another account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I switch or gift an already purchased game to another account?: Recently, I have brought Call of Duty modern warfare vault edition, however I purchased it on the wrong account (on the same xbox 1 series s). Is there any way I can put the game on my other...