Game from gamepass suddenly closed while playing games

Discus and support Game from gamepass suddenly closed while playing games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; guys, anyone can help me. i play with my friend using gamepass family sharing, i bough with my account and share with my brother. every time we play,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Magokuan FM, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Magokuan FM
    Magokuan FM Guest

guys, anyone can help me. i play with my friend using gamepass family sharing, i bough with my account and share with my brother.

every time we play, my game always suddenly closed every 10-20 minutes play. but my brother's game never closed.

:)

Magokuan FM, Mar 18, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

is this a Game Pass game? Are you both using the same account?
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Magokuan FM,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Let me verify the if your current location is supported by the Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family since this type of subscription is offered to selected country or region as you can see it from this link? All about Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family | Xbox Support

Note At this time, Game Pass Friends & Family is only available in Colombia, Chile, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, and Sweden.

If your current location is supported, we can try the following troubleshooting steps.

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Download and install Xbox Console Companion app. Note: This step is applicable for Windows 11 device only.

3. Update your Windows and device drivers

> For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

4. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
    5. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

6. Repair the game

• Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    • In My Library, select the game title.
    • Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    • Select Files and then Verify and repair.
    7. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Magokuan FM,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that it is quite frustrating to be get disconnected while playing games. Let us check on this and see what we can help.

We would like to ask few questions so that we can properly isolate the issue.

1. Is it happening to all the games?
    2. When did the issue start?
    3. Are you able to play other online games?
    4. Are you using remote play or cloud gaming when the disconnection from game happen?

For the meantime, you may check this link below about Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Magokuan FM Win User

The game just closed, but internet connection still good.

We play 3 games, and the issue still same.

The issue start from the beggining, i subscribe gamepass family sharing because i want to play coop online games with my brother. And from the first our play, this happen.

I can play other online game smoothly.

I played the game in my pc and game already installed in my device.

This issue only happen in my pc, but my brother's is okay. I dont know why my game still suddenly closed after 10-20 minutes play.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Game from gamepass suddenly closed while playing games - Similar Threads - Game gamepass suddenly

2. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  3. Xbox GamePass games suggestions

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox GamePass games suggestions: What games do you like to be added into xbox gamepass For me i think the best games that could be added is call of duty , carx drift racing , and crash series let me hear your thoughts...
  4. if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded: if my gamepass expires will i be able to play games once downloaded d7e7c536-caa7-4db3-8ffa-708f64cb503b
  5. Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is playing a game on PC+ PC GamePass + Controller so crappy?: On forza, every time I hit the e-brake it makes the telemetry menu pop up. In rocket league, A is Jump. B is jump & boost. LT is Jump & boost. RT is drive and boost. B is just boost. X is drift &...
  6. How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to use PS4 controller with Gamepass PC games?: Answer in title. How can i use PS4 controller with PC Gamepass games? DS4Windows isnt helping even with xbox 360 emulation. f80f36ef-95fa-46d4-a9f4-df4c9716716d
  7. Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Just bought gamepass ultimate and I can t open any games that I already had and I can t...: Just bought gamepass ultimate and can t open games and i can t install games either. I reset and updated but it won t work. I paid the gp but it doesn t show that I have Gamepss, also he gp app...
  8. PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC GamePass game closes 30 seconds after opening.: All of a sudden when I go to play Fallout 76 on my PC via Xbox game pass the game starts up just as it always had except now right when its at the title screen the game seemingly crashes with no...
  9. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  10. My gamepass and store suddenly don't work and the cloud gaming doesn't work either help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gamepass and store suddenly don't work and the cloud gaming doesn't work either help: I bought the ultimate gamepass I checked my subscription and it is active until 10/15/23 and it worked for awhile on my phone then I hop back on the my Xbox and the store doesn't recognize that I...