Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be...

Discus and support Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The title. I started playing kingdom new lands and i use a plug and play wireless controler. When i start the xbox game menu(or however it's called) it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SebastianNitu, Sep 4, 2022.

  1. Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be...


    The title. I started playing kingdom new lands and i use a plug and play wireless controler. When i start the xbox game menu(or however it's called) it can freeze the game, but it can also freeze completly if left untouched on pause for too long. And then i can either wait or close it. When i close it, it becomes a background process that's unclosable. Like, no matter what i do it won't close. And that somehow stops the computer from shutting down, when that's supposed to close eveything.

    :)
     
    SebastianNitu, Sep 4, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be closed, stoping even shuting down the pc

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today despite this Sebastian

    Please answer the following questions to assist you properly :
    Is this happening on Windows 10 or 11?
    What wireless controller is the one that you have?
    May I know if you tried playing the game without that wireless controller?
    Did you download the game from steam, Xbox app or a different launcher/store?
    And which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?

    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. MS Win8 Games Win User

    Is Adventure a limited time app?

    No, the game should not stop loading. However, I have experienced this when I left the app running in the background and didn't actually close it. Are you minimizing the game or leaving it to run in the background?
  4. WPAK Win User

    Is Gears of War 4 (PC Version) game fully installed?

    Hi there,

    the quickest check that I would do is to try and start the game to see what happens.

    Even if you close the Windows Store App the download will continue (if it is not Paused) in the background when the PC is powered on. So it could have been the case that the game was downloading when you didn't realise it was doing that.
  5. Kevenstu01 Win User

    Installing Apps on an External HDD

    hi Armando Vasquez Ambrocio

    that is normal since apps and some game have background process. (even when they are closed)

    try disabling the background process of game and apps in you HDD

    this setting is found in: windows setting>Privacy>Background apps

    there you can disable the game and apps background activity

    and restart your computer

    note: windows store will not be able to automatically update these apps/Games if the HDD is not connected
  6. Andersdinho Win User

    Error connecting with xbox live.

    Now I don't even get to start screen. It freezez on xbox360 logo:/ What's happening :( played fine yeasterday. After like 10 min I comeback to menu but it freezez when i push one button.
Thema:

Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be...

Loading...
  1. Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be... - Similar Threads - Game freezez left

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  4. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  5. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  6. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  7. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  8. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  9. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  10. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...