Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be...

Discus and support Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The title. I started playing kingdom new lands and i use a plug and play wireless controler. When i start the xbox game menu(or however it's called) it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SebastianNitu, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be...

The title. I started playing kingdom new lands and i use a plug and play wireless controler. When i start the xbox game menu(or however it's called) it can freeze the game, but it can also freeze completly if left untouched on pause for too long. And then i can either wait or close it. When i close it, it becomes a background process that's unclosable. Like, no matter what i do it won't close. And that somehow stops the computer from shutting down, when that's supposed to close eveything.

:)

SebastianNitu, Sep 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be closed, stoping even shuting down the pc

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sebastian

Please answer the following questions to assist you properly :
    Is this happening on Windows 10 or 11?
    What wireless controller is the one that you have?
    May I know if you tried playing the game without that wireless controller?
    Did you download the game from steam, Xbox app or a different launcher/store?
    And which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?

In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. MS Win8 Games Win User

Is Adventure a limited time app?

No, the game should not stop loading. However, I have experienced this when I left the app running in the background and didn't actually close it. Are you minimizing the game or leaving it to run in the background?
  4. WPAK Win User

Is Gears of War 4 (PC Version) game fully installed?

Hi there,

the quickest check that I would do is to try and start the game to see what happens.

Even if you close the Windows Store App the download will continue (if it is not Paused) in the background when the PC is powered on. So it could have been the case that the game was downloading when you didn't realise it was doing that.
  5. Kevenstu01 Win User

Installing Apps on an External HDD

hi Armando Vasquez Ambrocio

that is normal since apps and some game have background process. (even when they are closed)

try disabling the background process of game and apps in you HDD

this setting is found in: windows setting>Privacy>Background apps

there you can disable the game and apps background activity

and restart your computer

note: windows store will not be able to automatically update these apps/Games if the HDD is not connected
  6. Andersdinho Win User

Error connecting with xbox live.

Now I don't even get to start screen. It freezez on xbox360 logo:/ What's happening :( played fine yeasterday. After like 10 min I comeback to menu but it freezez when i push one button.
Thema:

Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be...

1. Game freezez when left on pause, when closed it becomes background process and it can't be... - Similar Threads - Game freezez left

2. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  3. The music turns off when the game is running

in XBoX on Consoles
    The music turns off when the game is running: The music turns off when the game is running I don't think anyone would love listening to music or YouTube videos while playing a game, but recently when I opened the game, the sound...
  4. How can I unblock my Xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I unblock my Xbox cloud gaming: How can I unblock my clougaming 65424ab4-6dc5-4861-ac5f-e3287bfaf7d7
  5. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  6. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  7. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  8. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  9. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  10. Why is my invite To game greyed out?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is my invite To game greyed out?: When I want to invite someone to my game in the game bar the invite to game button is greyed out and I can’t invite taken to my game I am playing on windows 11 by the way Oh and also I can’t see...