Game Franchises that needs a rest

Discus and support Game Franchises that needs a rest in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Here are the game franchises what I think should just be put to rest, they're suffering from either being milked every year and/or just getting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ragnarok5000, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest

Here are the game franchises what I think should just be put to rest, they're suffering from either being milked every year and/or just getting downright boring now, here are some franchises that needs to just end:

1. Call of Duty = Reason: Being milked every year & its getting really boring now, its just the same game every year but with a new story and a couple of tweaks to multiplayer, ever since MW2 came out, Call of Duty kept getting worse with new installments,
    Activision, please retire from CoD and make something else for a change.

2. Madden = Reason: Being milked every year, Madden may have been fun like 10-15 years ago, but nowadays, its pointless now, EA do us a favor and put Madden to rest, we're getting sick of it now.

3. Assassin's Creed = Reason: Milked every year and pretty much the same game but with new storylines, plus last few installments are not that good (Black Flag was decent though) so there's no telling if Syndicate is going to fix the series or not, but Ubisoft,
    give Assassin's Creed a rest, make another Prince of Persia game or whatever.

4. Halo = Reason: Getting boring now, Halo has had its day, its days have been over since Reach, now all of a sudden, Microsoft is slowly milking the franchise to death, Microsoft I know Halo makes a lot of money for you, but give it a rest, now since you
    have the money from Halo MCC (and Halo 5 when it comes out in October), use that money on a couple of new IPs.

5. Mario = Reason: Getting boring now, Mario has had its day, its days have been over since Sunshine, some of us are getting tired of Mario every year, Nintendo do us a favor and let Mario take a few years off, make something else for a change.

6. LEGO Series = Reason: Being milked, yes the Lego games are good and all, but how many Lego games do we really need before we're start getting burned out, TT Games, take a few years off from Lego and make something else for a change.

7. Sonic = Reason: Getting boring now, Sonic games used to be good, but now pretty much since Sega went 3rd party, Sonic has truly gone downhill from here and there, the last great Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 2, after that, the rest became mediocre to
    terrible to awful, Sonic 2006 & Rise of Lyric really shows that Sonic days are over and had been over since the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era, Sega just let Sonic retire, he had its time.

What do you guys think, what game franchises do you think should need a rest, share your thoughts on the comments below.

:)

Ragnarok5000, Jun 17, 2015
  2. Franchises that need a Return for Xbox One

Blue Dragon and Viva Pinata have already had plenty of sequels. Not that I'd mind seeing them again, just recognizing that they haven't been ignored. However, I'd love to see a return to Lost Odyssey and Kameo.

KathrynHadley, Jun 17, 2015
  3. DWoodbine
    DWoodbine Guest
    Franchises that need a Return for Xbox One

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

Brute Force

[/quote]Was the first game that came to my mind when I saw the thread title. Always surprised we didn't get a sequel to that game because I thought it was really good.

DWoodbine, Jun 17, 2015
  4. chemicalsora
    chemicalsora Guest

Call of Duty DEFINITELY needs a rest.

chemicalsora, Jun 17, 2015
  5. Is milk your favorite word? Btw, you don't have to buy any of those games. Mario is being put to rest soon. Imo, none of those franchises need to be put to rest. I still enjoy all those games except for Madden cus I don't play that. Why didn't you just put
    sport games in general? /facepalm

Defy Lightning, Jun 17, 2015
  6. HollowedGrave, Jun 17, 2015
  7. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest
    Hello Defy Lightning, I don't care for all of these games anymore so I don't buy them, but I will give Halo one last chance to redeem itself though, if Halo 5 is a flop as well, then no more Halo for me. As for Madden, yeah the only reason its still around
    anymore is because dude-bro gamers continue to buy them, as for me, I never purchased a Madden game in my life, but back then, me & my brother used to play Madden 06 on the PS2, some decent fun times though.

Ragnarok5000, Jun 17, 2015
  8. Game Franchises that needs a rest

The Final Fantasy series. The remake of 7 is brilliant, but it's time for the series to be dead and buried.

Silent Hill - Unless konami can go back to their roots, they need to kill the series immediately.

I could go on, but that's enough for now.

BizarroMantis, Jun 17, 2015
  9. Th3 Tater
    Th3 Tater Guest
    Lego does not need a rest. DLC packs are a bit much, but there's still content they could announce and I'd get amped. We'll be picking up Lego Jurassic Park some time this year.

I also have to disagree w/ Assassin's Creed. They do need to wrap up the series or step back to a more distant time again, they're getting too close to current events. Would not want to see Kennedy as a target, just sayin'.

Madden/Annual Sports games in general: Stop saying it's a new game. Make a DLC update option, make a full version option for someone who doesn't have the current engine. Use the same engine for a few years, then revamp the whole thing. Look at Street Fighter
    4. Each new iteration has added things, that you can either update, or jump in fresh if you haven't got a SF4 title yet.

Halo can retire. 4 was horrible, wasn't fun to play, didn't feel like Halo. 5 looks like it's gonna strike me the same way.

Call of Doodie needs to retire: X cheated on Call of Duty threads, I got banned playing CoD & didn't do anything! ugh.

Happy Wars can go to hell too. Game Franchises that needs a rest ;)

Th3 Tater, Jun 17, 2015
  10. COD for sure, Halo perhaps... Assassins Creed doesn't need a rest, just take it out back and shoot it Game Franchises that needs a rest ;)

Get rid of Mario and that's Nintendo basically done, God knows how many Mario games they've spewed out...

Seriously Scott, Jun 18, 2015
  11. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Call of Doody. That is all.

Auswulf, Jun 18, 2015
  12. NxtDoc1851
    NxtDoc1851 Guest
    Call of Duty needs a break badly. I think Activision really needs to take a step back and reevaluate their franchise. However, i think we are in the minority as the game still sells millions.

Madden doesn't need a break, it needs competition. Madden was at its best when 2K was going head to head with them.

Halo is just fine. The Halo Franchise is taken care of wisely. Halo's face (Master Chief) has been seen 4 times (with an additional cameo) in 14 years. They release spin off's such as ODST, Reach, Halo Wars, Spartan Assault because the Halo Universe is
    huge with lore. But the games are diverse. RTS, and Top Down shooters are not everyones bag.

Ubisoft needs to slow down the Assassins Creed yearly releases. Ubisoft is flat out cash grabbing a lush franchise. Something that could have went on for 25+ years is nearly dead to me after 8. It is a tradegy.

Out of all of the games i can think of.... Only Assassins Creed and Call of Duty need to just take 2 years off and let people miss their franchises.

NxtDoc1851, Jun 18, 2015
  13. Game Franchises that needs a rest

I think the sports games (Madden,nhl,ufc,nba,wwe) need to stay because most people who buy them do it for the updated roster plus other tweaks and updates. I think call of duty could use a break for a while then some back but not in the future. Assassins
    creed is getting old it should be shelved for at least one or two years. Also cut down the ad campaign by half. Halo is probably fine right now. After halo 5 maybe have a halo wars 2 in between halo 5 and 6. I agree on,sonic. Unless Nintendo buys it and reboots
    it, it's basically dead. As for mario I think it's doing good

Fear2Eternity, Nov 1, 2018
  14. NxtDoc1851 Win User

Call of Duty needs a break badly. I think Activision really needs to take a step back and reevaluate their franchise. However, i think we are in the minority as the game still sells millions.

Madden doesn't need a break, it needs competition. Madden was at its best when 2K was going head to head with them.

Halo is just fine. The Halo Franchise is taken care of wisely. Halo's face (Master Chief) has been seen 4 times (with an additional cameo) in 14 years. They release spin off's such as ODST, Reach, Halo Wars, Spartan Assault because the Halo Universe is
    huge with lore. But the games are diverse. RTS, and Top Down shooters are not everyones bag.

Ubisoft needs to slow down the Assassins Creed yearly releases. Ubisoft is flat out cash grabbing a lush franchise. Something that could have went on for 25+ years is nearly dead to me after 8. It is a tradegy.

Out of all of the games i can think of.... Only Assassins Creed and Call of Duty need to just take 2 years off and let people miss their franchises.
  15. Th3 Tater Win User

Lego does not need a rest. DLC packs are a bit much, but there's still content they could announce and I'd get amped. We'll be picking up Lego Jurassic Park some time this year.

I also have to disagree w/ Assassin's Creed. They do need to wrap up the series or step back to a more distant time again, they're getting too close to current events. Would not want to see Kennedy as a target, just sayin'.

Madden/Annual Sports games in general: Stop saying it's a new game. Make a DLC update option, make a full version option for someone who doesn't have the current engine. Use the same engine for a few years, then revamp the whole thing. Look at Street Fighter
    4. Each new iteration has added things, that you can either update, or jump in fresh if you haven't got a SF4 title yet.

Halo can retire. 4 was horrible, wasn't fun to play, didn't feel like Halo. 5 looks like it's gonna strike me the same way.

Call of Doodie needs to retire: X cheated on Call of Duty threads, I got banned playing CoD & didn't do anything! ugh.

Happy Wars can go to hell too. ;)
  16. Ragnarok5000 Win User

Hello Defy Lightning, I don't care for all of these games anymore so I don't buy them, but I will give Halo one last chance to redeem itself though, if Halo 5 is a flop as well, then no more Halo for me. As for Madden, yeah the only reason its still around
    anymore is because dude-bro gamers continue to buy them, as for me, I never purchased a Madden game in my life, but back then, me & my brother used to play Madden 06 on the PS2, some decent fun times though.
  17. Defy Lightning Win User

Is milk your favorite word? Btw, you don't have to buy any of those games. Mario is being put to rest soon. Imo, none of those franchises need to be put to rest. I still enjoy all those games except for Madden cus I don't play that. Why didn't you just put
    sport games in general? /facepalm
  18. chemicalsora Win User

Call of Duty DEFINITELY needs a rest.
Thema:

1. Game Franchises that needs a rest - Similar Threads - Game Franchises needs

2. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  3. When downloading games will disconnect the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    When downloading games will disconnect the internet: While downloading a game my Xbox disconnects it’s self from the internet an stops downloading what’s it’s downloading help plz 2c6a3716-a900-4d4d-b193-298d8e67b3b0
  4. How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”: I had started a game on my pc and the microsoft sign up thing popped up so i clicked my account and it and it acted like the game started but there was an error saying you need to sign in to play...
  5. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  6. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  7. Subscriptions with game sharinh

in XBoX on Windows
    Subscriptions with game sharinh: Hello, i need help, i have my main account blueskiezzzz and my other one piggygaming, I have xbox ultimate on blue but i don't have it on piggygaming which means i can't get certain games, cloud...
  8. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  9. Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message 0x80830003. I've read the previous answers and I just want to know if my game...: My son and I play Minecraft and have progressed through the game and spent hours building. If I cleared local saved data, would it be erased? I have and X-box series S. I only have Minecraft on it...
  10. While in madden 24 online franchise, game keeps freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    While in madden 24 online franchise, game keeps freezing: While in madden 24 online franchise mode, after the most recent update the game freezes when I get on offense and I have to restart madden. Nothing I've done has helped; re-installed, cleared...