Game DVR Problems - Error 0x87c40156

Discus and support Game DVR Problems - Error 0x87c40156 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried viewing my clips in Manage Captures, however, the error message “Try again in a bit. We can’t show your captures right now. (0x87c40156)”... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CoolBiz125, Jun 30, 2018.

1. CoolBiz125
    CoolBiz125 Guest

I tried viewing my clips in Manage Captures, however, the error message “Try again in a bit. We can’t show your captures right now. (0x87c40156)” appeared. Is there a problem with Xbox Live? It doesn’t say anything on the status page.

:)

CoolBiz125, Jun 30, 2018
  2. xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr

Unable to access Game DVR app from Xbox One. Loading hangs up and eventually results in error message "Something Went Wrong" with error code below:

0x87c40156

UnweildyFeline, Jun 30, 2018
  3. R4GE 84
    R4GE 84 Guest
    Game DVR not working and captures not showing up

game dvr not working correctly and captures not showing up keep getting error saying something went wrong with error code 0x87c40156 any help to solve this would be much appreciated thanks

R4GE 84, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Michaaa02
    Michaaa02 Guest

Hi Coolbiz125,

I don't think there is a real issue, this is just something that happens ocassionally .

I've had this a few times aswell, just wait a few minutes and you should be able to watch them again.

Micha

Michaaa02, Jul 2, 2018
  5. Michaaa02 Win User

Hi Coolbiz125,

I don't think there is a real issue, this is just something that happens ocassionally .

I've had this a few times aswell, just wait a few minutes and you should be able to watch them again.

Micha
  6. blazingwolf9472 Win User

ERROR : 0x87c40156

Hello, I am here because something went wrong with the Game DVR app. This error code was shown when I launched the app 0x87c40156. The problem is that I can't see any of my screenshots only my game clips. I'm not sure why it's like that, but I hope you'll
    help with this issue. Thank you.
  7. TheSwagateer Win User

Hello, I am here because something went wrong with the Game DVR app. This error code was shown when I launched the app 0x87c40156. The problem is that I can't see any of my screenshots only my game clips. I'm not sure why it's like that, but I hope
    you'll help with this issue. Thank you.
  8. TheSwagateer Win User

Hello, I am here to discuss about my error code problem. When I loaded up the Game DVR app, the screen showed this error code:
    0x87c40156. When I changed the captures from screenshots to game clips I was able to view them instead. Not sure why I can't view my screenshots but I hope you'll investigate on this issue. Thank you.
  9. greg_window10_instal Win User

Error 0x87c40156

Hi Mattant,

Yes, it seems 0x87c40156 is not listed at the "Error & Status Code Search" page. So, I've probably been doing the same kind of research you have doing. And, from
    what I am seeing, it seems to be related to a game DVR conflict...? In either case, I found a pointer to a similar "Error 0x82323012 occurs when you try to use Game
    DVR on Xbox One
    " which basically says check your Preferences setting. Not sure if this helps, but I just wanted to make sure someone got back to you.

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
Thema:

1. Game DVR Problems - Error 0x87c40156 - Similar Threads - Game DVR Problems

2. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...
  3. Xbox Windows 10 App - Game DVR problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Windows 10 App - Game DVR problem: Hi, I would like to know how to fix this problem. It is related with the Game DVR which doesn't let me open the application when playing a game (Win +G). These are the error messages in the Xbox...
  4. Problem with the Game DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with the Game DVR: So I try to use the Game DVR as a recorder for YouTube. Only when I tried to do it on Minecraft 1.8 on a server, I found that the recorder doesn't work when Minecraft is fullscreen because I can't...
  5. Game DVR Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR Problem: I just used the "Start Recording" option on Game DVR to record a clip just shy of 6 mins in length - however, the clip isn't in the list of clips made either in Game DVR or Upload studio, but it...
  6. Problem with Windows 10 Screen recorder (Game DVR) - Audio and video does not sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Windows 10 Screen recorder (Game DVR) - Audio and video does not sync: Hi, when I record lectures online the audio and video doesn´t sync. The video is maybe 5 seconds ahead of the audio on a one hour recording. The online lecture is not having any sync problems....
  7. Problem with Raedon r5 m230 + hd8500m Game DVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Raedon r5 m230 + hd8500m Game DVR: I need help i have a r5 m230 + hd8500m on a lenovo g-50, i cant record gameplays with game DVR. Pls Help 2d58262d-e59c-497d-b272-9d3b0fc7dec9
  8. Game DVR problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR problem: Hey Guys, In my xbox one app for Windows 10 i cant record with Game DVR. When i go to Settings and press on the Game DVR button it calls ,,A Problem is occurred please try again later´´ can...
  9. problem with game dvr

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with game dvr: recently everytime i try to upload clip to xbl it says unable to upload to xbl but i have lots of free space but it gets even stranger as i can upload screenshots but not clips even through upload...
  10. Game dvr/external harddrive problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game dvr/external harddrive problem.: Morning to all, maybe someone can help me.... Since plugging my usb external harddrive into my xbox one I am unable to record clips or take screenshots for some strange reason. Can someone please...