Game DVR doesnt work properly with Warframe on One X if played from external storage device

Discus and support Game DVR doesnt work properly with Warframe on One X if played from external storage device in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, im having a bit of an existential crisis here with game capturing on my One X. The issue is that recodings just are plain out broken with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mainfrezzer, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Mainfrezzer
    Mainfrezzer Guest

Game DVR doesnt work properly with Warframe on One X if played from external storage device

Hello,
    im having a bit of an existential crisis here with game capturing on my One X.

The issue is that recodings just are plain out broken with Warframe and only Warframe on the One X, it works lovely one the One S or if stored on the internal HDD of the One X.

I did test an Evo 840 an Evo 850 SSD, 3 different SATA to USB Adapter and a Sandisk flashdrive.

I factory resetted the X etc etc. The only way to get it to work with Warframe is to have it be on the internal HDD. I even set the Xbox to record to a USB instead of the internal Harddrive, nothing changed.

If i press "record that", i get 4 second clips, sometimes 0, a couple 1 second clips ive gotten too. Starting the manual recording function for 2 Min at 1080p results in either, getting around 45 seconds of recording.

or

a notifications a lot later and the clip is just 17 seconds long.

(720p same shtick)

Its baffling that this is only happening with Warframe. Cyberpunk, Red Dead, Monster Hunter just all work normally if theyre stored on the SSD. That was never the case before, well i havent played Xbox basically since christmas last year, but then everything was just working.

Does anyone have this issue too?

:)

Mainfrezzer, Aug 2, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

I see, it really looks like it might be a game compatibility issue with Xbox DVR mode. I believe this can only be resolved with an update for this game to fix the problem.

Please check out the link below as well, where it gives instructions on how to fix possible problems with an external storage device.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. MateusFontana Win User

I understand it's really weird, considering that this only happens with this game. I recommend that you keep the game installed on your internal hard drive until the problem is resolved, because as we talked about it is a game specific problem
  4. Mainfrezzer Win User

Very recently, but i cant really put a finger on it when exactly it started happening.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Just confirm for me, the problem is only happening with Warframe, do other games work normally?
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Is this problem recent or have you had it for a long time?
Thema:

1. Game DVR doesnt work properly with Warframe on One X if played from external storage device - Similar Threads - Game DVR doesnt

2. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...
  3. Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Since the last update the xbox game dvr is broken again.: Since the latest update in xbox one x,the xbox game dvr is keeps getting broken. Now I can't record the whole thing because when it's done the whole footage got corrupted like the video is...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox game DVR so I can continue to record clips and screenshots?: Hey, so my Xbox game DVR automatically deleted all my recent clips from Xbox live, only leaving a small few of my ancient screenshots from years ago and whenever I upload a new clip, it tells me...
  5. Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR audio bug in certain games. ex: apex legends: Current issue is with the Game DVR. I've been having issues with the audio that is being captured during recorded clips, specifically in Apex legends. I've been troubleshooting the issue and have...
  6. No audio track in Game DVR recordings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No audio track in Game DVR recordings: I've seen various posts relating to Game DVR not recording on XBox and previous versions of Windows but the issue still exists in Windows 11. There was even a post suggesting 'downgrading' the...
  7. GAME DVR doesnt record audio - game dvr problems with record in USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    GAME DVR doesnt record audio - game dvr problems with record in USB: i realized every time xbox or game crash game dvr crash too until you restart your console, i dont know if its problem of the games, of the xbox or game dvr but they can't work simultaneously and...
  8. Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR doesnt work

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR doesnt work: Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR only record for less than 30 secs. I have tried everything suggested online and didnt work. Any update coming soon? submitted by /u/DoodeAM [link] [comments]
  9. game dvr doesnt let you choose what mic to record with

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game dvr doesnt let you choose what mic to record with: i have a built in mic in my laptop that is broken but i have a good mic plugged in... for some reason it chooses to record with the broken one instead of letting me choose between input devices......
  10. Game DVR doesnt record game audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR doesnt record game audio: the video records fine but there is no sound when i watch my recording Can anyone help me fix it? 78334989-a65b-4920-93d3-c2f458b80cb5