Game downloading for wrong console

Discus and support Game downloading for wrong console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have an Xbox one s and I want to play call of duty Cold War but it is downloading for the Xbox series s/x consoles and yes I have it purchased so... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JKMURDAR, Nov 6, 2021.

1. JKMURDAR
    JKMURDAR Guest

So I have an Xbox one s and I want to play call of duty Cold War but it is downloading for the Xbox series s/x consoles and yes I have it purchased so that I can get it for those consoles but also it is game shared to me is there anyway that you can help me fix this? Thank you.

:)

JKMURDAR, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi JKMURDAR, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

On your Microsoft Store App, can you please search "Call of Duty:registered:: Black Ops Cold War" then install the game from there?
  3. onyxishere Win User

Purchased and downloaded game on wrong console

Unfortunately there is no way to download or transfer that purchase to the Xbox 360.

The best I can suggest for you is to try contacting phone support in your region. Although there is a no refund policy on purchases you can at least try and see if they could refund the money so you can purchase it on the 360.
  4. DarkMoofey Win User

Downloaded content on the wrong console.

When you buy a game over Xbox LIVE, the game is tied to both the gamertag and console that it was bought on. Because you bought the game on a different console, you will only be able to play that game on the gamertag that bought it, and only if you are connected
    to LIVE. Because you currently do not have internet access available for your console, and because you bought the game on another console, you will not be able to play it until you can get it back online.

Once you're back online, you should be able to do a license transfer (settings -> account -> license transfer) to migrate all your game licenses to your console. (Though because of its limited use, it might not be totally viable at first.) This will enable
    you to play the game offline on your own console, as the game will now be tied to it.
  5. KrisFarrell Win User

Easiest way to fix this is bring your console to your friends house and connect your console to his network. Once online and signed it you can do a license transfer.

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

This will essentially relocate, to your console, any console licenses associated with the content you purchased on your account. You can then bring your console back home and play offline with no problem.

Or, you could just wait until you have internet and do the license transfer then, but anything you purchased on your friends console will probably have the same issue.

Hope that helps!
  6. Legends Future Win User

You need to have Xbox Live on your Console in order to download the game
Thema:

1. Game downloading for wrong console - Similar Threads - Game downloading wrong

2. Wrong Game Downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong Game Downloaded: I purchased Remnant two the Ultimate edition but on My xbox I have the Standard edition Downloaded and when I load up the game I have no extra Features that I paid for which comes with the...
  3. Hit wrong download button for game got non compatable version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hit wrong download button for game got non compatable version: When I ordered the hogwarts game it downloaded as xbox x/s instead of Xbox one s can it be fixed to be compatible bac4b122-a2ab-490c-afa9-43bdd3184b37
  4. Why can’t i download Valheim on game pass always says something went wrong oonly this game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i download Valheim on game pass always says something went wrong oonly this game: Why can’t i download Valheim on game pass always says something went wrong only this game 9c3aa078-0309-48fb-8c09-24f01c58d1d4
  5. Cancelled Game Download: Xbox Series X storage computing wrong size even after game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancelled Game Download: Xbox Series X storage computing wrong size even after game...: Hello, * * * I seem to be having the same issue as this guy except for his problem is on PC and mine is on the Xbox console. * * * I got my Xbox Series X yesterday and I got Multiverse...
  6. Xbox 360 games from game pass download in wrong language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 games from game pass download in wrong language: Hi, I am a Xbox user from Switzerland. My console is a Xbox one X. My Xbox language setting is in English. So my issue is that the Xbox 360 games I try to download in game pass always get...
  7. Microsoft store game download gone wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store game download gone wrong: Okay well this is going to be a long one. I was downloading a game (Halo Wars 2) from the microsoft store and i had to start my computer again because of an unrelated issue during the download...
  8. I bought the wrong game, I would like to ask how to refund, no download did not play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the wrong game, I would like to ask how to refund, no download did not play: 我买错了比赛,我想问一下如何退票, 需下载没有发挥,Is there a customer service officer? Please help me with my refund。 51ec41be-972f-43b1-b1b9-1ff174db84da
  9. Wrong digital code for game download with console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong digital code for game download with console: I preordered the gears of war4 Xbox one s ultamate edition received it on 7/10/16 downloaded game with code within box and it's the basic version not the ultamate version which should have come...
  10. Help! download of free full game gone wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! download of free full game gone wrong: Bought xbox one console which came with a full game download, went to xbox.com/name-your-game to choose game and stupidly entered my email address wrongly so I now have no way of getting hold of...