Game download keeps pausing. Double NAT detected. Help!

Discus and support Game download keeps pausing. Double NAT detected. Help! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone I have purchased Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, but when downloading it keeps pausing immediately. I went through the standard procedures I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by stakvoryan, Dec 23, 2021.

1. stakvoryan
    stakvoryan Guest

Hi everyone

I have purchased Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, but when downloading it keeps pausing immediately. I went through the standard procedures I found online to resolve this but no luck. I got on the phone with tech support and when they had me check the network settings a double NAT was detected but they were cut off before I could learn how to fix this. I am very uneducated on computers and modems. Any suggestions?

:)

stakvoryan, Dec 23, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  3. Chirag_P Win User

Even I have the same issue. The above process doesn't resume the download.
  4. Chirag_P Win User

My question is, can microsoft confirm that it blocks game downloads on double NAT & NAT Type script?

I tried connecting my mobile Hotspot with NAT open and single NAT, game download resumes. But I cannot use mobile Hotspot to download as it's quite slow.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

My Xbox Series S says that it has a strict, double NAT type and I'm not sure what to do.

6. XBF Aicha T Win User

Double NAT

Thema:

1. Game download keeps pausing. Double NAT detected. Help! - Similar Threads - Game download keeps

2. Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games: I have tried to stop my pc from redownloading series x games followed all advise I can read but just keeps downloading the games Tried ticking the boxes in the xbox app to stop updates etc...
  3. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  4. game keeps stopping and having an error when i download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game keeps stopping and having an error when i download: so im trying to download hell let loose on xbox pc but every time i try to it stops and has an error at 50 to 60 percent ive tried reinstalling it multipole times and no luck also other games will...
  5. I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...: I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying installation stopped iv tried everything nothing is working can anyone help? 50124780-c8bd-44b4-8f61-13797324325c
  6. I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...: It’s on a PlayStation btw not Xbox b19d3f41-d1a4-4116-bc53-b11faead4336
  7. Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game.: Xbox keeps saying installation stopped when I try and download one specific game. Everytime I try to download the game it stops before even installing at all and gives me the installation stopped...
  8. xbox game download taking really long and keeps stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game download taking really long and keeps stopping: i got an xbox 2 days ago to play only rdr2. this is the first console i've ever had (an xbox one s) so im kinda clueless about this. i followed the instructions, set up the xbox, and inserted disc...
  9. Do i get to keep the games i downloaded xbox game pass for pc even when i dont have an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i get to keep the games i downloaded xbox game pass for pc even when i dont have an...: i need help with Do i get to keep the games i downloaded xbox game pass for pc even when i dont have an active subscription 9596a919-47de-4aa0-a051-01b2fa0f5ede
  10. Game keeps stopping the download progress, stuck at 0b/s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps stopping the download progress, stuck at 0b/s: I've had my PC gamepass for two days now and for two days I've been trying to resolve this problem. I've been trying to download Lies of P through the gamepass access, but everytime its making...