Game disc affect digital copy?

Discus and support Game disc affect digital copy? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Xbox One game digitally installed. I found a disc of the game, and bought it for a backup in case something happens where Xbox discontinues... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by brewster1958, Apr 3, 2022.

  1. brewster1958
    brewster1958 Guest

    Game disc affect digital copy?


    I have a Xbox One game digitally installed. I found a disc of the game, and bought it for a backup in case something happens where Xbox discontinues the game, I would still have access to it. I have a few days to take it back if it isn't any good, so if I check it out on my console, will it affect the digital copy of the game already installed?

    :)
     
    brewster1958, Apr 3, 2022
    #1
  2. Smwutches Win User

    Question about buying Digital copy of Game

    Digital copies work the same as the disc version. The data for the games themselves is separate from game saves, so using the digital copy vs. the disc will not affect anything else.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

    Can disc installs run without the disc if you have a DLC code?

    It's not a "DLC code", just a digital copy of the game.

    Yes, one can use the disc to install a game, then activate a digital copy. The digital copy will not need to re-download, it'll automatically use the disc install.
  4. Richardarvato Win User

    xbox one ghosts

    is game disc or digital copy ?
  5. Folkins Win User

    installed NBA 2K22, then it wanted me to update it after installing it, but it automatically says “installation stopped” when trying a few seconds into updating the already installed game.

    Is the game a digital copy or disc?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Can you still play ace combat assault horizon on xbox 360 s with disc?

    Yes, it works, as do all Xbox 360 games, on disc or digital. The digital version was removed for digital purchase in 2018. This was because the licenses for the various real life aircraft expired.

    The removal (delisting) of any game for digital purchase does not affect digital purchases before it was removed from sale (your game will still work), nor does it affect the disc versions.
Thema:

Game disc affect digital copy?

Loading...
  1. Game disc affect digital copy? - Similar Threads - Game disc affect

  2. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  3. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  4. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  5. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  6. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  7. Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List

    in XboX Insiders
    Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List: Does anyone know if there is an official disc-to-digital list with all compatible games? Can't seem to find one. XBOX should have a webpage that displays all compatible games, as well as...
  8. I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.

    in XboX Insiders
    I tested all the games I own with disc to digital. Here’s a list of what worked and didn’t.: I noticed that none of my Sega, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, and Ubisoft games were supported, yet. Supported: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition Extinction Titanfall 2 Stray Mortal Kombat...
  9. Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature?: Has anyone personally tested simultaneous game sharing with the new disc-to-digital feature? Here’s the exact situation: I insert a physical game into my Series X and claim the digital...
  10. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...