Game copy over LAN

Discus and support Game copy over LAN in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; since there appears to be some sort of data migration over LAN now. Is it possible to download games/updates to one console and sync to the second... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMTOWNx, Oct 16, 2017.

1. xMTOWNx
    xMTOWNx Guest

Game copy over LAN

since there appears to be some sort of data migration over LAN now. Is it possible to download games/updates to one console and sync to the second console on a regular basis? Or is it meant to be a “one time” migration utility.

Ultimately, I would like to keep a couple of games up to date on both (soon to be all 3) of my consoles without needing to download each from the internet. Basically, I want to promote the S as a master that downloads direct from MS (internet) and the XB1
    to check for updates with the S as its primary update source. I want to manually select the subset of games and apps (different HD sizes, so a 1:1 disk sync wouldn’t work for me)

:)

xMTOWNx, Oct 16, 2017
  2. Webduelist
    Webduelist Guest
    My xbox keeps turning off.

^its over WAN not over LAN

Webduelist, Oct 16, 2017
  3. ChrisRut
    ChrisRut Guest
    Support for Streaming over LAN?

Yeah, right now I am using a Boxee Box and a Raspberry Pi to stream content to the two TV's in my house. I am considering replacing those devices w/ an Xbox One, but I want to make sure the Xbox One will stream?

ChrisRut, Oct 16, 2017
  4. Game copy over LAN

Hi there,

With the latest update , while you can't set up an auto sync with the consoles, you can do the transfer/copy over your home network as often as you like. You can pick what games/content you want transfer when you decide to do the transfer.

Does that help you?

Mistress Sara, Oct 16, 2017
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Game copy over LAN

Hi there,

With the latest update , while you can't set up an auto sync with the consoles, you can do the transfer/copy over your home network as often as you like. You can pick what games/content you want transfer when you decide to do the transfer.

Does that help you?
  6. [Farscape] Win User

LAN for 2 Racing Sim setups?

hardly any games on xbox support lan to lan play these days, they have to literally be connected to xbox live and that means playing over live.
  7. Custaflux Win User

Xbox One and System Link

Why not? Kids who don't remember LAN parties are probably too young to have mortgages, wives or children, competing for their unwind time. Those of us who get away from the grind for a weekend, really enjoy uninterrupted LAN parties.

Is LAN a threat to Live? Not likely. After LAN players still take the games home to play alone later.

Does EA really need to know who plays and when? Maybe that information could be sent via host partyleader, rather than every individual player requiring a connection and Live account logged in.

If LANners want a game, they check the back of the cover for system link compatible. COD has it = bang ten copies sold straight up. Battlefield doesn't = one copy sold, then bitched about at the LAN party.
  8. Webduelist Win User

My xbox keeps turning off.

^its over WAN not over LAN
  9. ChrisRut Win User

Support for Streaming over LAN?

Yeah, right now I am using a Boxee Box and a Raspberry Pi to stream content to the two TV's in my house. I am considering replacing those devices w/ an Xbox One, but I want to make sure the Xbox One will stream?
Thema:

Game copy over LAN

1. Game copy over LAN - Similar Threads - Game copy LAN

2. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  3. I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was hoping to purchase a digital copy of a game that’s on the Xbox store but says not...: Overlord 1 and 2 is on the Xbox store and I was hoping to buy it but it says it’s not currently available and I was hoping I could get my hands on it I use to play it when I was younger and was...
  4. How to copy game file to another PC? (GAMEPASS)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to copy game file to another PC? (GAMEPASS): Me and my brothers live in the same house and using different PC. We are trying to save bandwidth by only downloading on 1 PC, then copying the game file to another 2 PCs. Downloading 1 game...
  5. Why can't I copy a game to my external drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I copy a game to my external drive: Why can't I copy a game to my external bf1c0fe2-a641-465f-b56f-5c20812f364a
  6. How to Copy Xbox App Game to Another PC Without Redownloading ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Copy Xbox App Game to Another PC Without Redownloading ?: It's a tough thing to download games in Egypt due to the limited internet quota that the internet companies provide so I need a way to share the game files with my friends to be able to enjoy my...
  7. Physical copy of a digital game unable to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical copy of a digital game unable to work: Hi there, My question is about the physical version of a game not working as intended. But context so a few months ago I brought the digital versions of the batman arkham trilogy. Until I could...
  8. Mortal kombat 11 physical copy story mode not showing up in manage games and add on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mortal kombat 11 physical copy story mode not showing up in manage games and add on: Mortal kombat 11 story mode not showing up in manage games and add on 3ab55318-c4a0-4fb7-874e-538b6a4b91f8
  9. I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded a game on an Xbox One, then copied/transferred it to my Xbox XS, if i delete...: Sorry I am not familiar with Xbox or gaming, I just want to know if i delete this game from my Xbox XS, will it still be on my Xbox one? The game was originally bought on the Xbox one, i just...
  10. Xbox game bars option to copy link has disappeared, how to do I get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bars option to copy link has disappeared, how to do I get it back?: To upload my clips from windows to my mobile xbox app it was simply just copy link and it would apear on my app in the captures option. Now the copy link option has disappeared and only and upload...